• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thanks, Obama.

jhmd2000

Unacceptably correct
Reaction score
Dear Mr. President:

During my shift in the Emergency Room last night, I had the pleasure of evaluating a patient whose smile revealed an expensive Shiny gold tooth, whose body was adorned with a wide assortment of elaborate and costly tattoos, who wore a very expensive
Brand of tennis shoes and who chatted on a new cellular telephone equipped with a popular R&B ringtone.

While glancing over her Patient chart, I happened to notice that her payer status was listed as "Medic...aid"! During my examination of her, the patient informed me that she smokes more than one costly pack of cigarettes every day and somehow still has money to buy pretzels and beer.

And, you and our Congress expect me to pay for this woman's health care?

I contend that our nation's "health care crisis" is not the result of a shortage of quality hospitals, doctors or nurses. Rather, it is the result of a "crisis of culture", a culture in which it is perfectly acceptable to spend money on luxuries and vices while refusing to take care of one's self or, heaven forbid, purchase health insurance.

It is a culture based on the irresponsible credo that "I can do whatever I want to because someone else will always take care of me". Once you fix this "culture crisis" that rewards irresponsibility and dependency, you'll be amazed at how quickly our nation's health care difficulties will disappear.

Respectfully,
STARNER JONES, MD

Sounds like the OP wants a single payer system in which people pay for healthcare by paying taxes.

i thought posting forwards from your grandmother earned a 1 week auto-ban

Whatever happened to Small Sample Size Deac?

I assume an ER doc knows more than I do (perhaps not you, but I assume all of your patients are Tricare, which is earned through employment). Does this speak for every case? Of course not, but is it a one-off? I'll be taking bets on that.

Sounds like the OP wants a single payer system in which people pay for healthcare by paying taxes.

The OP wants people to put their personal responsibility for their needs ahead of their personal responsibility for their wants. Somehow we're running trillions of dollars behind. Somehow.

I assume an ER doc knows more than I do (perhaps not you, but I assume all of your patients are Tricare, which is earned through employment). Does this speak for every case? Of course not, but is it a one-off? I'll be taking bets on that.

Not being a one-off doesn't mean Small Sample Size Deac isn't relevant.

You would pretty much have to disband the government if your standard was to find a program that didn't have any corruption.

There wasn't any Medicaid abuse before Obama?

But in jh's world everyone was honest before Obama. They also loved puppies and mowed their mom's lawns after helping little old ladies across the street.

wait, this was posted not in jest? I saw people posting this on facebook ages ago. I thought the level of dialogue on this board was higher than the average spam email/facebook posting.

wait, this was posted not in jest? I saw people posting this on facebook ages ago. I thought the level of dialogue on this board was higher than the average spam email/facebook posting.

First, do you not view this subject matter as a problem?

Second, how could this be done in jest? What exactly is funny about the fact that this is her solution in life? That you guys have written her off as a productive person, and stop expecting that she better her life? That our system is designed in a way to give up on her and render her a dependent ward, incapable of contributing on her own? The problem with the culture of dependency is that it's inhumane to its victim. Repeat: You are not actually helping this person. This isn't about me, I'm doing just fine, it's that your system of keeping people dependent in exchange for their votes hurts them, even if it helps you on election day. Would you prefer that we all just ignore this problem, as you all seem content to do? She should settle for this existence? That's the plan?

Last edited:
Please forward this message to at least seven people or you'll receive 20 years of Wake Forest fandom.

No. It would still be the minority of us who pay those taxes so people like the one described in the OP can take advantage of the system. Do you really think she pays taxes? The government's involvement only means those of us already carrying the load will pay even more to compensate for the government inefficiency.

Yes. Win for the freeloaders who honestly think it is their "right" to be provided with things by other more productive people.

^ if there was no medicaid would she still get treatment in the ER?

Yes, she would.

We don't let people die on the sidewalk outside the hospital.

Who would pay for that, ultimately?

put your thinking cap on and get back to me

Back