• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thanks, Obama

dartsndeacs

THE quintessential dwarf
Reaction score
I hear the high speed rail in China is amazeballs.

JPMorgan Chase (JPM) CEO Jamie Dimon said during an earnings call Friday it’s “almost an embarrassment” being an American citizen traveling the world because of policies hindering business growth.

Dimon added that corporate tax reform is critical to bringing back capital from overseas.

“If we don’t get our act together, we can still grow. It’s just unfortunate because it’s hurting the body politic, it’s hurting the average American that we don’t have these policies. So, no, in spite of the gridlock, we will still grow at 1 or 2%,” Dimon said on the company’s earnings call on Friday morning, according to a transcript from Bloomberg.

“I don’t buy the argument that we’re relegated to this forever. We’re not,” Dimon said. “And if this administration will make great moves in taxes and infrastructure reform, we have the most — one of the most bureaucratic, confusing, litigious societies in the planet — it’s almost an embarrassment being an American citizen traveling around the world and listening to the stupid s— we have to deal with in this country. And at one point, we have to get our act together.”

He reiterated that corporate taxes are important for businesses and business growth, but they’re also important for wage growth and jobs for everyday Americans.

Dimon was responding to a question from an analyst about when political dysfunction would start to dent the underpinnings of the economy.

“I would look at it the other way around. Since the Great Recession, which is now eight years old, we’ve been growing at 1.5 to 2% despite the stupidity and political gridlock,” Dimon said.

He added that the American business sector will continue to grow, but it won’t be as strong until there are some policy changes.

“What I’m saying is it would be much stronger growth had we made intelligent decisions and that gridlock — and thank you for pointing it out — because I’m going to be a broken record until this gets done. We are unable to build bridges, unable to build airports… I was just in France, in Argentina, Israel, Ireland, we met with the Prime Minister of India and China. It’s amazing, to me, that every single one of those countries understands that practical policies to promote business growth is good for the average citizens of those countries for jobs and wages and somehow this great American free enterprise system, we no longer get it.”

anyone with experience getting governmental work wanna chime in?

Jamie Dimon should be in jail. Fucking criminal. The failure to properly sanction Wall Street was one of President Obama's greatest failures.

Dimon is the poster boy for problems with capitalism. Agreed with Sig, he should be in federal prison.

When? Not in the past few years. Republicans hold the Congress and the Executive right now. They need zero democrat votes to pass and sign laws

Republicans got everything they wanted and still can't pass anything meaningful.

Republicans got everything they wanted and still can't pass anything meaningful.

There are 3 parties in this great country of ours.

One of them hasn't a single representative in the entire congress.

And that matters why?

There are 3 parties in this great country of ours.

One of them hasn't a single representative in the entire congress.

There are way more than 3 political parties in the US.

Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Green, Constitution, Communist just off the top of my head plus a lot of smaller and single issue parties

There is one very vocal group of whiners who can't seem to make enough money in the current tax/regulatory environment. Weak businessmen I imagine. Snowflakey types who struggle with investor demands for higher profits so instead of using their imagination and due to their mediocre business acumen, they rail on taxes and regs like little bitches.

There is one very vocal group of whiners who can't seem to make enough money in the current tax/regulatory environment. Weak businessmen I imagine. Snowflakey types who struggle with investor demands for higher profits so instead of using their imagination and due to their mediocre business acumen, they rail on taxes and regs like little bitches.

Great post. Not to mention they stiff the working man and force taxpayers to pick up the slack.

ITT: people who have never had to comply with business regulations thinking regulations are just dandy

ITT: people who have never had to comply with business regulations thinking regulations are just dandy

Lol you sound like BKF with all this knowledge of everyone's experience.

Anyway, i deal with them all tha time and disliking regulatory compliance doesn't necessitate crying about it incessantly and making it your mission to remove it like this little bitch you've hooked your wagon to.

+1

Lol you sound like BKF with all this knowledge of everyone's experience.

Anyway, i deal with them all tha time and disliking regulatory compliance doesn't necessitate crying about it incessantly and making it your mission to remove it like this little bitch you've hooked your wagon to.

Being barred from going in the women's bathroom does not equate to dealing with regulatory compliance you sick freak

Back