• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

That jeopardy guy has stage 4 pancreatic cancer

I lost one of my best friends to pan can about four years ago. Fucking shitty way to die. His last few days weren't him. ...fuckin' A, man.

My brother in law is the guy featured in the last part of this video. A good man, with a heavy dose of country in him. He drove a van taking poor elderly to doctor appointments after he first became ill. He died less than a month after this was shot

RIP. Lost my grandpa to S4PC and it went down hill fast. From diagnosis to death in 3 months. Terrible disease

Outside of some rare brain cancers, pancreatic has the highest mortality rate. The fuck does the pancreas even do that it kills this many people?

Outside of some rare brain cancers, pancreatic has the highest mortality rate. The fuck does the pancreas even do that it kills this many people?

pancreatic cancer is so awful that the wiki entry for 'pancreas' is 6 on the Google search result for 'pancreas'

The pancreas is an organ of the digestive system and endocrine system of vertebrates. In humans, it is located in the abdomen behind the stomach.

The pancreas is a gland, having both an endocrine and a digestive exocrine function. As an endocrine gland, it functions mostly to regulate blood sugar levels, secreting the hormones insulin, glucagon, somatostatin, and pancreatic polypeptide. As a part of the digestive system, it secretes pancreatic juice into the duodenum through the pancreatic duct. This juice contains bicarbonate, which neutralizes acid entering the duodenum from the stomach; and digestive enzymes, which break down carbohydrates, proteins, and fats in food entering the duodenum from the stomach.

Is there a way to check for pancreatic cancer before it gets to stage 4? something that insurance wouldn't pay for but super rich people/presidents do every year just to be sure?

eat when you can
sleep when you can
don't fuck with the pancreas

Is there a way to check for pancreatic cancer before it gets to stage 4? something that insurance wouldn't pay for but super rich people/presidents do every year just to be sure?

As of now, the answer is no. That is why most of the cases of pancreatic cancer are diagnosed only when they are stage four - spread elsewhere, as well as locally.

Typically no. The GI Dr. that treated mom suggested I start getting colonoscopies at age 45, but even that isn't a sure bet. She was 56. Fifty fucking six. I'm not that far off and the family history aspect terrifies me.

Some screening, mostly in research settings, for high risk folks is done.

But there’s no screening done or recommend generally for everyone.

Terrible disease.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...hope-pancreatic-cancer-may-be-horizon-n980561

"While there are currently no approved early detection tests for pancreatic cancer, researchers say there are promising possibilities — particularly in blood tests that can pick up biomarkers for it.

"We are slowly making inroads," said Gloria Petersen, a professor of epidemiology at the Mayo Clinic who has researched pancreatic cancer for 20 years. She said she thought there probably will be some biomarker tests "being offered up within the next five years for early detection for pancreatic cancer."

Because pancreatic cancer is relatively rare, experts do not believe universal screening should be done. They say it would make the most sense to test those at high risk for it, which includes people with a close family member diagnosed with it, or people over 50 who have received a new diagnosis of diabetes — which in some cases can be an early, overlooked sign of the disease."

Typically no. The GI Dr. that treated mom suggested I start getting colonoscopies at age 45, but even that isn't a sure bet. She was 56. Fifty fucking six. I'm not that far off and the family history aspect terrifies me.

colonoscopies don't look for pancreatic cancer

Back