• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2012 Official MLB Baseball Thread (Mother's basement edition)

Seeing lots of retweets by Astros people that the Marlins are looking to unload Carlos Lee (cue "they'll need a frontloader!" jokes), and may possibly DFA him? Wha?

DBacks scratch their Triple-A starter for tonight.

This is getting interesting.

Zeid's been sucking. He'll probably never make it to the big leagues.

All of those other guys are almost certain to be a part of the Astros big league club as soon as late next year (or a little longer in Santana's case).

Zeid was the fourth. I was just joking, he's always sucked. I think he was thrown in so that Ed Wade could say he got four players for Pence (and because Ed Wade loves middle relievers).

Villar was in the Oswalt trade.

Well, at least the Phils have another body to play in the OF and he is cheap for next year, you know, if you need someone.

You also got a single A reliever.

Zeid was the fourth. I was just joking, he's always sucked. I think he was thrown in so that Ed Wade could say he got four players for Pence (and because Ed Wade loves middle relievers).

Villar was in the Oswalt trade.

Ah, that's right.

It's possible that Villar and Santana will end up having the best careers of the bunch. Both are so raw, but their ceilings are massive. Villar was having a great season at AA this year (and better every month) until he broke his hand while punching a door. Idiot.

I never realized the Phillies were so old. Excluding the bullpen, the only players less than 30 are Mayberry Jr., Hamels, and Worley.

Ah, that's right.

It's possible that Villar and Santana will end up having the best careers of the bunch. Both are so raw, but their ceilings are massive. Villar was having a great season at AA this year (and better every month) until he broke his hand while punching a door. Idiot.

I love Santana, was sad to see him go. Although if I could take back any player the Phillies traded to the Astros, I think I would go with Anthony Gose. He would really fill a need right now too.

Haha, the Giants' AA team is playing the Reading Phils tonight. So Tommy Joseph doesn't have to go far!

Blanton talks with O's back on now that the Phillies are willing to pay some of his salary.

The Astros, if you remember, promptly flipped Gose to Toronto for Brett Wallace. We kind of wished we'd kept him too.

Also saw that some Baltimore paper is saying Bud Norris's name has surfaced as a pitching candidate for the O's. I imagine it's a long shot, but he'd probably make a fine, fine RP. Astros probably want more in return than RP value for him though.

I am going to need a name chart to figure out who to boo tonight @ Nats Park

Not sure the Cubs will be able to field a team

MLB Trade Rumors ‏@mlbtraderumors
RT @thekapman: spoke with a solid source who told me that Tigers and Cubs are hard at work on Soriano. Not sure they can make money work.

That'd be weird but kinda awesome. We have a ton of OF talent now tho. Boesch, Kelly, Dirks, Berry, and Jackson are all young. Delmon is the only old bro.

Back