• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2012 Official MLB Baseball Thread (Mother's basement edition)

I find that hard to believe. I'd wager he is wrong.

Agreed. And from Cot's on Carlos Lee contract:

years/$100M (2007-12)
■signed by Houston as a free agent 11/06
■$3M signing bonus
■07:$11M, 08:$12M, 09:$18.5M, 10:$18.5M, 11:$18.5M, 12:$18.5M
full no-trade clause in 2007-10, may block deals to 14 clubs annually in 2011-12 (upon signing with Houston, Lee agreed to waive 10-and-5 rights in exchange for blanket no-trade protection for the first four years of the contract)

Explains why Lee would still be able to block trades. I guess Shuerholtz could still be right as well, but it does seem hard to believe.

Because part of his trade gave him "in exchange for blanket no-trade protection for the first four years of the contract".

He agreed top "Lee agreed to waive 10-and-5 rights" in order to get the no -trade.

HOF Flores threw the ball into left field when Pierre stole 3rd. I think his CS% is now under 10%.

buckhanging.gif

Word is Cubs may call up Vitters and Jackson soon and let them play everyday for the rest of the year, Dom Brown style. As much as we are going to lose the rest of the year, I am excited about seeing young guys that actually have a chance instead of the crap we have been funneling up that last couple of years (sans StarWIN).

oh you meant defensively. i dont put a whole lot of stock in uzr for a half-season. i thought you meant overall though, but i'll buy that (not that he's that good butt you could say he's been the best lf in baseball to this point or some such equivocation).

Yeah, I think Soriano games the stat because he has such a big arm - but he can be suck a knucklehead out in the field, it is frustrating - he still takes bad reads, seems to barely be paying attention, but will then gun a guy out.

Oh well, I am still shocked that people act like his contract is the worse thing to ever happen - would imagine most AL teams wouldn't mind him at $10 million per year for the next couple of years - which is what is likely with the cubs eating $25ish million of the rest of the contract. But, then again, he probably would have been moved if that was the case.

New favorite radio guys: Orioles team.

"Granderson takes the pitch, fastball, that's a home run. I have no doubts. Not even a cheap one. Yankees get a ton of cheap ones because of right field, but that was legitimate. He actually hit the ball home run distance."

New favorite radio guys: Orioles team.

"Granderson takes the pitch, fastball, that's a home run. I have no doubts. Not even a cheap one. Yankees get a ton of cheap ones because of right field, but that was legitimate. He actually hit the ball home run distance."

<3 <3 <3 Joe Angel

At least I'm assuming he's still on the call today

Back