• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2012 Official MLB Baseball Thread (Mother's basement edition)

My Marlins lineup would look like:

Reyes
Bonifacio
Ramirez
Stanton
Sanchez
Morrison
Buck
Infante
Pitcher

Jose Reyes, Emilio Bonifacio, Hanley Ramirez, Stanton, Morrison, Gaby Sanchez, Omar Infante, John Buck and Josh Johnson.

so just switch sanchez and lomo? i also like hitting stanton 3rd and ramirez cleanup and using sanchez as protection, but i'm weird.

Come on....

Aybar
Kendrick
Pujols
Hunter
Morales
Wells
Callaspo
Ianetta
Bourgos

That's pretty solid......if Wells and Morales bounce back, then it's really solid. Then they still have Trout, Trumbo, and Abreu available.....even though they should ship Abreu.

Torii Hunter is a below average right fielder now. Vernon Wells is D-U-N done. Bourjos cant hit. I like that they are taking a chance on Ianetta and dumped Mathis, but knowing Scioscia he'll find another way to get a defense only catcher in there. Erick Aybar has a career .319 OBP. Howie Kendrick has been injury prone, wildly inconsistent and doesnt work counts either.

They are a good team but that offense depends a lot on Morales being good. In just the AL I would say they are a worse offensive team than the Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers, Blue Jays, Tigers, and maybe the Rays (depends on if longo bounces back which I expect, and if Luke Scott and Carlos Pena are any good, not as confident).

I would bump bonifacio and try to get more abs for my studs.
Reyes
Hanley
Stanton
Morrison
Sanchez
Buck
Bonifacio
Infante
Pitcher

Angels had the 21st best team OBP last year. Not great, even with the Pujols addition.

Torii Hunter is a below average right fielder now. Vernon Wells is D-U-N done. Bourjos cant hit. I like that they are taking a chance on Ianetta and dumped Mathis, but knowing Scioscia he'll find another way to get a defense only catcher in there. Erick Aybar has a career .319 OBP. Howie Kendrick has been injury prone, wildly inconsistent and doesnt work counts either.

They are a good team but that offense depends a lot on Morales being good. In just the AL I would say they are a worse offensive team than the Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers, Blue Jays, Tigers, and maybe the Rays (depends on if longo bounces back which I expect, and if Luke Scott and Carlos Pena are any good, not as confident).

There is no way the rays could really be in the discussion of powerful offenses. If their line up was anywhere close to as good as the Angels they would be a heavy favorite to win the AL East because they have probably the third best rotation in baseball. The fact that they have Trumbo, Pujols, and Morales alone puts them miles ahead of the Rays because they all have the potential to hit at least 30 homers, and the only guy with that expectation for the rays is Longo. I agree that the bottom of their lineup is pretty weak, but the middle is so strong, without even including Trout, that I think it makes them the 6th best lineup in baseball behind the yanks, sawx, rangers, tigers and blue jays, in no particular order

Yeah, I'll bump the thread and we should take submissions until the end of the week.

In response to deacman, Trumbo stinks and there is no where for him to play. The Rays scored 40 more runs last year than the Angels and Longo stunk, casey krotchman played first, they got 0 production from ss/c/dh. LF was also terrible until Jennings came up.

Pena and Longo will each hit about 30 homers, Luke Scott has that kind of power but is obviously a question mark. Zobrist/Upton/Jennings will hit about 20 a piece.

But the real difference is the Rays work counts and get on base, and Pujols is the only projected starter that does it for the Angels.

The Angels have a great pitching staff and good offensive players and I would in no way be surprised to see them make the playoffs. But they are definitely not a top 5 offensive team in the AL. This isn't 2004, shit its not even 2008, Vernon Wells is garbage, Torii Hunter is clearly declining, Kendrys Morales hasnt played in almost 2 years, and it is yet to be determined if Pujols down year is just that or a sign that he is entering his decline.

holy god, what is jose feliciano doing to the national anthem? this is the worst.

JUST SING THE DAMN SONG.

i hate seeing Ali like that. How did anyone in their right mind license him to fight Larry Holmes?

MLB TV Cardinals vs Marlins game is blacked out nationwide. WTF?!!!!!!!

Back