• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe 60mil guaranteed would be the most ever for an NFL player. It is not a bad deal for the panthers if he stays healthy it is what Cam is worth.

Good deal for Cam. Not such a good deal for the Panthers.

From what I was reading earlier today the more guaranteed money for Cam, the better it is for the Panthers. Something about able to spread the guaranteed $$ out over the life of the contract, giving the Panthers about 6-8 Million in extra cap space for next year. Anyone else see that or am I crazy?

From what I was reading earlier today the more guaranteed money for Cam, the better it is for the Panthers. Something about able to spread the guaranteed $$ out over the life of the contract, giving the Panthers about 6-8 Million in extra cap space for next year. Anyone else see that or am I crazy?

They're getting the guaranteed money out of the way in the first 3 years so they have room later for Luke/Star/Kelvin/FA pickup from what I understand

$22.5mm signing bonus (spread over the life), $7.5mm roster bonus due June 6 and $1mm salary this season, paying him $31mm total this year

They're getting the guaranteed money out of the way in the first 3 years so they have room later for Luke/Star/Kelvin/FA pickup from what I understand

$22.5mm signing bonus (spread over the life), $7.5mm roster bonus due June 6 and $1mm salary this season, paying him $31mm total this year

Makes sense, appreciate the info.

If Cam never improves, this is still a good contract. At worst, he's a top 12-15 QB - and this is how much you pay one of the 15 people that can play QB at a starter-level caliber in the NFL.

He's a really good QB with unique skill set. Sure he can improve some, but he would look dramatically better with more offensive weapons. Still not sure we are there yet, but this is probably the best set yet. I expect big things and think he will deliver. No problems at all with this contract.

Now can we get him a really solid O line to keep him healthy?

Congrats to Cam, although I am surprised he didn't hold out or demand 10 mil a year for a LT. :)

Good for Cam - finished his degree as well

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...-mother--graduates-from-auburn-170648741.html

“Everyone else has always been worried about the football side of things, but not my mother,” Newton said. “My education was my mother’s top priority. I’ve been blessed to have a family that supports me. It’s a Biblical quote: iron sharpens iron. My mother has always been there to sharpen me.”

If Cam never improves, this is still a good contract. At worst, he's a top 12-15 QB - and this is how much you pay one of the 15 people that can play QB at a starter-level caliber in the NFL.

$100+ M for a mid tier QB? No thank you.

$100+ M for a mid tier QB? No thank you.

Cam barely gets paid more than Ryan, Flacco, and Brees. Only $1.5M more than Tannehill. His contract will be chump change within 3 years.

Cam barely gets paid more than Ryan, Flacco, and Brees. Only $1.5M more than Tannehill. His contract will be chump change within 3 years.

This. So much this.

Salary cap is going to escalate and QB's are going to continue to get paid. Market value is market value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back