• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent some time yesterday browsing Orange Mane (a big Broncos message board). Lots of posts convincing themselves that the Panthers were so boisterous celebrating the NFC title on the field that they'll just be satisfied to be in the Super Bowl (whereas the Broncos' celebrations were muted, revealing that they have their eyes on the real prize). I hope no one points out to them that the Cats celebrated like that pretty much all year long--Cam's Hulkamania style waving to the crowd at the end of the Falcons game comes to mind.

They have a lot of faith in their defense to stop the Panthers. Very little discussion of their offense.

We have a SB party every year. Going to be much more fun this year with the Cats in it!

I spent some time yesterday browsing Orange Mane (a big Broncos message board). Lots of posts convincing themselves that the Panthers were so boisterous celebrating the NFC title on the field that they'll just be satisfied to be in the Super Bowl (whereas the Broncos' celebrations were muted, revealing that they have their eyes on the real prize). I hope no one points out to them that the Cats celebrated like that pretty much all year long--Cam's Hulkamania style waving to the crowd at the end of the Falcons game comes to mind.

They have a lot of faith in their defense to stop the Panthers. Very little discussion of their offense.

c01fe3bf6223159ff15dcc8b4704b6b8.jpg

Your boy's been thinking about getting a new TD jersey this season, glad I waited on that Super Bowl patch.

I'm always interested in who are the TDs of other teams. I'd say 7+ years, 2 or fewer pro bowls, fan favorite and heart and soul of the team.

I feel like we all need to update our Panther Mt Rushmore since we're going to the SB.

Cam (lock)
Smitty (lock)
TD
Walls, but his hold is super tenuous and I almost put Kasay.

Panthers getting more betting support for the Super Bowl thus far than any team in playoff history acc to Sports Insights.

Feels weird being a massive public team all of a sudden

Our stats against top 5 defenses this year are amazing:

4-0 (Sea x 2, Az, Hou)
32.4 ppg
340 ypg
150 rypg.

Not saying we do that to Denver, but it does show that our offense is extremely hard to stop this season. Teams that have hung with us have done so because they've put up points, not because of stopping us. 1 game (atl) less than 20 pts this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back