• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason McIntyre ‏
Source: Andrew Luck listed as questionable this week due to back injury. Believed to have suffered it carrying the Colts for 3 straight yrs

I know it's a joke but am I wrong for hoping that Luck plays over Hasslebeck?

89 was quoted this week as saying that if he was traded he would quit immediately. Don't know how much of that to believe.

Smitty is a top four receiver in the League right now according to PFF. That includes overall game, meaning pass and run blocking too, along with catching. It would be dumb not to take a look at it.

Doubt we would even need to give up that much since it's his last year anyway.

Almost everything that Gettleman has touched has turned to gold. It was his call to get rid of Smith due to locker room issues, I think you have to trust that he made the right move. Do you really think that Cam and Luke would be who they are and this team would be undefeated with Smith still around?

Jason McIntyre ‏
Source: Andrew Luck listed as questionable this week due to back injury. Believed to have suffered it carrying the Colts for 3 straight yrs

I know it's a joke but am I wrong for hoping that Luck plays over Hasslebeck?

I want Kk short to eat him alive

Why is he called KK, btw

I think Gettleman added years to Smitty being productive by cutting him because he needs the fire of being slighted to play the way he does every week. He was not this good his last year in Carolina.

And a google search says that Short's nickname as a kid was K, and then he got so big that one K wasn't enough people started calling him KK.

Last edited:
Almost everything that Gettleman has touched has turned to gold. It was his call to get rid of Smith due to locker room issues, I think you have to trust that he made the right move. Do you really think that Cam and Luke would be who they are and this team would be undefeated with Smith still around?

Yes?

Andrew Luck probably just wanted to go back to college for one more season, but there is also the possibility that he did not want to be a Panther (even just a little bit), and for that reason I don't like the guy.

Cam not having a security blanket in Smitty or KB has made him better. He's going through his reads much better this year than ever. Before he was a little to inclined to try and forcefeed Smitty or KB on a read's first option despite not ideal coverage, and would miss some more open guys that he would have seen if he kept going through his progressions. It stinks to lose a redzone target like KB, or a guy with hands like Smitty, but in a way it's brought Cam to another level

We don't need Smitty back. With him gone, Cam has now stepped up as the leader of the offense. That never would have happened with Smity here.

I remember the Harbaugh-Luck double dip. I was for it at the time. But now I like what we have. Would have been funny to be a fly on the wall to watch a meeting between Harbaugh and G-man.

Does anybody remember that besides Panthers fans? I'm curious if ESPN will hype up that angle as well as Cam facing the #1 pick before and after him two weeks in a row in prime time.

Probably not. I couldn't tell you who had the best shot at #1 after Duncan's junior year. Of course, in the NFL you knew the draft order when you had to declare.
I hope we destroy Luck. Have hated that dude ever since he decided to go back to Stanford: thought it was a lock he was leaving after Harbaugh left.

Wtf was that Ginn interception call

NFL now requires 5 feet to be down for it to be called a football move.

Cam not having a security blanket in Smitty or KB has made him better. He's going through his reads much better this year than ever. Before he was a little to inclined to try and forcefeed Smitty or KB on a read's first option despite not ideal coverage, and would miss some more open guys that he would have seen if he kept going through his progressions. It stinks to lose a redzone target like KB, or a guy with hands like Smitty, but in a way it's brought Cam to another level

I tend to agree with this.

You never want to lose a player of KB's caliber obviously, but Cam's decision-making has been greatly improved this year. He trusted KB to make a play and bail him out a little too much. Could be a little "Ewing Theory" going on.

Of his 6 or so interceptions, there's only about 2 that i'd label as bad decisions. The rest were off the hands of receivers; and while he can still work on delivering more catchable balls, he's making the correct reads before and after the snap and throwing with confidence.

Cam definitely can still work on his throwing, but damn it's awesome to have maybe the only QB in the league who could reach and score a TD like he did last night

I wish that stewbeef was more of a receiving threat. A Vereen type back would be awesome in our zone read

So any chance we trade for a legit WR2 type player that can catch the ball? I guess it's probably too late in the season, but Funches sucks. As much as Ginn and some of the other guys have stepped up, I don't think it's enough to go all the way... A guy like Victor Cruz who has essentially been replaced and likely played his last snap in NY would be appealing once he's healthy...

I think that's what Norwood was supposed to be.
I'm referring to a trade where they sack up and give up some future 4th(ish) rounder or something and go all in on giving cam more passing weapons. Some mutually beneficial parties must be out there looking to deal certain players....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back