• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

Nice that the Alabama coaches didn't give up on their team and concede defeat. Way to keep fighting to the end.

This is the real thread with real discussion. Sorry to The Reff.

Six teams have any real chance of being the champion.

Alabama
Clemson
Georgia
Michigan
Ohio State
Oklahoma

Feel free to discuss other college football stuff.

Umm......

The Coastal gets a lot of flack but VaTech and Miami are all way better than non-Clemson ACC teams. And UVA probably would be the 2nd best in the Atlantic.

Miami and UVA are better stats wise VPI is in the same heaping mediocrity as most other ACC teams.

Miami has been the second best ACC team metrics wise all year by a decent margin.

Some Tabari Hines dumbassery to cap off the night.

Will be interesting to see what happens to Bama in the rankings. If your rankings are based on who you think the best team is, not sure there are 4 other teams I’d put ahead of them. But if your rankings are based on most deserving of a playoff spot, they don’t belong and aren’t going to have many more chances to show they belong. I’d probably say:
1. LSU
2. OSU
3. Clemson
4. UGA
5. Bama

And if Minnesota, Baylor, Penn State, OU, Oregon, or Utah end up an undefeated or 1-loss conference champion, they jump Bama in the final rankings.

Will be interesting to see what happens to Bama in the rankings. If your rankings are based on who you think the best team is, not sure there are 4 other teams I’d put ahead of them. But if your rankings are based on most deserving of a playoff spot, they don’t belong and aren’t going to have many more chances to show they belong. I’d probably say:
1. LSU
2. OSU
3. Clemson
4. UGA
5. Bama

And if Minnesota, Baylor, Penn State, OU, Oregon, or Utah end up an undefeated or 1-loss conference champion, they jump Bama in the final rankings.

Mine would be similar but slightly different
1. LSU
2. OSU
3. Clem
4. Bama
5. UGa

I think Ga is over rated and so is Oklahoma IMO

Ohio State would be a 5 point favorite over every team in the country based on metrics. Sagarin has them 9 points better than the second place LSU and SP+ has them 5 points better than the second place Alabama (6 points better than LSU and 10 points over Oklahoma/Clemson)

What is the case for Bama or any of the 1 loss teams over Minnesota?

Minnesota has been blowing out bad teams and just beat Penn State who was considered on par with LSU and Bama.

What is the case for Bama or any of the 1 loss teams over Minnesota?

Minnesota has been blowing out bad teams and just beat Penn State who was considered on par with LSU and Bama.

I guess the case is that Penn State just proved that they are not on par with LSU or Bama. The Penn State QB shouldn’t even be in the same conversation with Tua and Burrow.

Back