• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 29 Most Annoying Things in Sports

It's pretty easy not to get annoyed about a football game you don't want to watch being on TV on a Thursday night in August. Dude must have put his tampon in sideways.

It's pretty easy not to get annoyed about a football game you don't want to watch being on TV on a Thursday night in August. Dude must have put his tampon in sideways.

His point is that beginning of the season is very underwhelming in college football and basketball, which I agree with. There is a lot of hype going into Week 1 of the NFL, and the Thursday night NFL opener usually draws a huge audience. Similar for opening night NBA and (to a lesser extent) MLB.

The first games in NCAAF and NCAAB are generally clunkers like Liberty at Wake.

His point is that beginning of the season is very underwhelming in college football and basketball, which I agree with. There is a lot of hype going into Week 1 of the NFL, and the Thursday night NFL opener usually draws a huge audience. Similar for opening night NBA and (to a lesser extent) MLB.

and he chose to take the cheap shot at his alma mater, as opposed to say, Maryland, where he now lives

Maryland opened their 2016 football season with scintillating games against Howard and (on a Friday) FIU, before playing Michigan and tOSU and losing 121-6

Ehh I think this is off base, especially this year. Week 1 games of note include tOSU at Indiana (Thurs), Maryland at Texas, Cal at UNC, NCSU vs USC (Charlotte), Michigan vs. Florida (Jerry World), BYU vs LSU (Houston), and FSU vs Bama (Atlanta).

Stopped reading after #1, considering poker isn't a fucking sport.

No mention of female announcers, especially of football, men's basketball and baseball.

The stupid act of dumping a large cooler of ice & Gatorade on someone's head....many times when the temperature is in the 40s or below....is pretty annoying.

or when fans or the same fan time and time again scream "balk" at the top of their lungs, but have no actual knowledge of what a balk is. That shit grinds my gears

Ehh I think this is off base, especially this year. Week 1 games of note include tOSU at Indiana (Thurs), Maryland at Texas, Cal at UNC, NCSU vs USC (Charlotte), Michigan vs. Florida (Jerry World), BYU vs LSU (Houston), and FSU vs Bama (Atlanta).

I agree, as a general rule, that teams are improving their early-season games in football.

Back