• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The ACC's Biggest Disappointments - Guess Who's on the Cover?

wfumike02

Reaction score
Other than the "Deamon" Deacons part, it's on the money. Despite all of the negative press on a national level, Ron Wellman "couldn't be happier."

Link

#BuzzOut #WellmanOut

Sample tweet:

The ACC's biggest disappointments - guess who's on the cover? http://bit.ly/13eI8F7 @TDsTake #BuzzOut #WellmanOut

On the cover but technically ranked only third in terms of overall disappointments. #progress

How is it not State?!? They were pre-season #1 and are the most talented team out there, even though they're thin in terms of depth. The thing I've noticed the few times I've seen State is that they don't play much D and just want to out-talent you, much like we did in the CP3 years. And that has greatly contributed to their road woes in conference, where they're 2-5 despite having 1 of the top-10 offensive teams in the country.

Wellman's comment that this is "all part of the plan" is simply ludicrous. I couldn't believe what I was reading. Years ago, whenever the officials managed to job us out of yet another game at the end, or we found some ridiculous and unheard of way to lose another close game we should have won, we used to relieve the tension and disappointment by joking with each other that we shouldn't worry about it because, "It [our losing] was all part of the plan." Now, according to Wellman, what we had said sarcastically to alleviate the pain, is reality. It's not a joke. He has managed to make our failure "all part of the plan." Please make it stop! It's almost impossible to even make it funny any more.

"We'll sacrifice wins if need be for the long-term success of the program," Wellman told the Charlotte Observer on Jan. 25.

Shit! Unless Wellman means it in the "I hope we lose out, so I can fire [Redacted]" way.

Back