• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The anorexic mother who weighs less than her daughter, 7

According to the article the daughter is 4'4 and 79 pounds giving her a BMI of 20.5 which is well within the normal range.

Hold your face in the position she is holding hers and see how fat it makes you look. Add on the fact that she is a 7 year old and 7 year olds generally have chubbier features. That girl isn't even close to obese.

The BMI calculator is different for children.

Based on the height and weight entered, the BMI is 20.5 , placing the BMI-for-age at the 96th percentile for girls aged 7 years 0 months. This child may be obese and is likely to have health-related problems because of weight and should be seen by a healthcare provider for further assessment.

If she were 8 years old it says this...

Based on the height and weight entered, the BMI is 20.5 , placing the BMI-for-age at the 94th percentile for girls aged 8 years 0 months. This child is overweight.

I never knew that Cav! Thanks for the knowledge.
The anorexic mother who... 11-08-2011 07:50 AM negrep for posting this disgusting stuff. eww

I don't know, maybe the title should tip you off that its disgusting and you shouldn't open it if you are that grossed out? Just wait till I post cyst popping and ear wax videos.

Last edited:
Hm that is a fair point too. She is def overweight, but still doesn't look obese to me. Never knew that about the the BMI thing. I was def up there in the percentage as a kid and was def fat, but was never considered obese or anything and I grew out of it.

One things for sure: with a mom like that she's probably going to have tons of issues with her weight!

Miss Jones, who at 5ft 1in is eight inches taller than her daughter, said: ‘Wearing the same clothes as Maisy gives me a sense of pride. It’s wrong, but it makes me feel good. I don’t think I’m thin – I always see myself as bigger.’

Someone help this woman.

There's a woman who regularly shops at my store; it is really, really sad to see. Literally bone thin, clothes just kind of drape over her. She's married, and I just wonder how her husband handles that. While I recognize in not knowing her, she very well may have a health issue (not anorexia/bulemia), but from what I've gathered from conversations, shopping for her, etc, I think it's a mental thing. She always grabs 'mediums' and seems surprised to finally end up in an XS (or XXS)/ 00-0 pants.

I don't feel bad for that little girl. Something tells me she's very used to the sight of meatless bones.

Last edited:
There's a woman who regularly shops at my store; it is really, really sad to see. Literally bone thin, clothes just kind of drape over her. She's married, and I just wonder how her husband handles that. While I recognize in not knowing her, she very well may have a health issue (not anorexia/bulemia), but from what I've gathered from conversations, shopping for her, etc, I think it's a mental thing. She always grabs 'mediums' and seems surprised to finally end up in an XS (or XXS)/ 00-0 pants.

Wow. Brings it home how bad it is.

My high school girlfriend wore 00 jeans and ate all the time. It used to drive her insane when people would ask if she ever ate.

My high school girlfriend wore 00 jeans and ate all the time. It used to drive her insane when people would ask if she ever ate.

This was me; there were lovely rumors all over the place. I didn't look like anything other than a bean pole until late senior year.

LOL at commenting on a story about a pathetic mother being anorexic and potentially forever altering her daughter's self image/body image to call the daughter obese.

Poor girl will probably have psychological problems her entire life.

As some know I was in a car accident. Now I'm in physical therapy. One of the girls in my PT has serious anorexia. She makes the chick in the picture look fat. She can't move from her wheelchair and is just bones. It's awful.

Back