• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

the ART of the deal

Does overlooking human rights abuses in pursuit of business deals not make you uncomfortable? It makes me uncomfortable.

The dude we're dealing with is the most progressive leader they've ever had. Making deals with him helps him get more power, and make more changes.

How was Trump team different, what made the deal artistic?

What jobs for Americans in this?

Huge surprise the board "libertarians" would support a massive weapons deal with the Saudis. I'm sure the Yemeni's appreciate it.

WakeandBake, if you read carefully you'd see not only are they creating american jobs, but they're using Saudi money and investing in american infrastructure. The kind of infrastructure you use on a daily basis, the roads, the trains, the water that comes out of your faucet and the electricity that powers your computer.

Sometimes its hard to explain art. You know it when you see it.

WakeandBake, if you read carefully you'd see not only are they creating american jobs, but they're using Saudi money and investing in american infrastructure. The kind of infrastructure you use on a daily basis, the roads, the trains, the water that comes out of your faucet and the electricity that powers your computer.

Can you explain a country that doesn't allow women to drive donating $100 million to Ivanka's Women's Fund?

Can you explain a country that doesn't allow women to drive donating $100 million to Ivanka's Women's Fund?

That's just how good of a salesman he is. It's like selling Carrier AC units to an Eskimo.

How come the same people who bitched about the Clinton Foundation getting $25M from the Saudis are OK with this?

HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

It says the jobs are in Saudi Arabia. I didn't see anything about using Saudi money on infrastructure. Sorry, point it out to me.

I can't find anything on American jobs and infrasturcture. Looks ostensibly like a giveaway to Saudi Arabia, but I want to hear your take you seem like a smart guy

Last edited:
It says the jobs are in Saudi Arabia. I didn't see anything about using Saudi money on infrastructure. Sorry, point it out to me.

I can't find anything on American jobs and infrasturcture. Looks ostensibly like a giveaway to Saudi Arabia, but I want to hear your take you seem like a smart guy

It would require actually reading before complaining, so I get why it's hard to find. The 8th and 9th paragraphs.

And, I'm no economist, but generally when you export goods, it requires people (aka jobs) to create the products. We haven't gotten to just 3D printing THAAD missle systems, yet.

The Public Investment Fund, Riyadh's main sovereign wealth fund, and U.S. private equity firm Blackstone said they were studying a proposal to create a $40 billion vehicle to invest in infrastructure projects, mainly in the United States.

"Studying a proposal" to "create a vehicle" "40 billion" "mainly in the US".

So much win there. I see why you are stroking now

The vehicle would obtain $20 billion from the PIF and with additional debt financing, might invest

Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Looks like ChrisL was right, a smoke and mirrors bullshit shiny thing. We should pin a thread to track the American jobs and infrastructure investment this produces.

The country's changing bro. Cause of deals like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Female reporters kicked out of Ivanka's speech on female empowerment.

Gotta love those signs of change!

Back