• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

the Atlantic

ChrisL68

Riley Skinner
Reaction score
looks pretty wide open. back to back titles would be a major accomplishment for a small private school.

Syracuse looks different this season. If they get past Purdue, they should be 5-0 going into a big game against NC State at home. The back part of their schedule is absolutely brutal though (@Clemson, @Pitt, Notre Dame, Florida State, @wake) Either way, they are better than last season and I am glad we play them at home.

BC and Louisville probably stink. Duke is at least competent if not a bit better than that.

If Duke/Syracuse are decent-to-good, it could give us some breathing room if they steal a game from State/FSU/Clemson.

State has @Clemson, FSU, @Syracuse all in a row before a bye (not dissimilar to Wake). Then they still have @VT (never a gimme) then Wake. They could have two ACC losses before they face us.

FSU should be 2-0 in the ACC (at Louisville, BC) before Wake comes to town. Then they have @NCST, Clemson. They also have to play at Miami, which Wake, NCST and Clemson do not. Could be an extra loss.

Clemson's toughest ACC game is at Wake. They get State and Miami at home. An ooc game at Notre Dame late in the season could help as an extra tough game to recover from. If they beat Wake and State, they should cruise to the Atlantic title, as they would have at least 1 loss to give, if not 2. Their path looks the easiest to me, since they don't have to play themselves. That game they had to play at Pitt last season was huge. I don't see an equivalent game this season. Their toughest matchups outside of Wake are at home, where they have been almost unbeatable.

We have to go at least 1-1 against Clemson and @Florida State to be in the race. I don't know if FSU is good, but assuming they will be better than last season. NCST/Clemson/FSU all play each other by mid-October. I am not sure that @NCST game will be "the" game, given that be both play FSU and Clemson before this game. If we are both undefeated going into that game, that means both FSU and Clemson have 2 ACC losses by October (seems unlikely) and one of us are going to be in the drivers seat.

Think we have to find a way to beat Clemson this year, as a home game. The rest of the division is better, so if we lose to them again, it will make the path pretty hard. They haven't had more than 2 conference losses in a season since 2010. They only have 3 road games left in the ACC, with a W already against GT. And they are not losing to BC. So its either a L to us or FSU. It's time to break through, its been a long time since we have beat them, and never against Swinney.

Back