• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Best Andy Griffith Show Episodes

I left off Barney's Sidecar by mistake. Would have had it somewhere in the top 10.

It's a great episode until the stupid wood burned plaque is found. Even Barney shouldn't have fallen for that one.

Mountain Wedding sits atop my list.

1. Classic interaction between Andy and Barney: waking up Barney at the courthouse

2. Briscoe Darling: "Is he one of ours?"

3. Introduction of Ernest T. Bass: "I'm a little mean, but I make up for it by being REAL healthy."

4. Darling music: That one makes me cry.

5. And...on a personal note...Dub Taylor who plays the traveling preacher who marries Charlene and Barney/Dud always reminds me of my late grandfather.

Mountain Wedding sits atop my list.

1. Classic interaction between Andy and Barney: waking up Barney at the courthouse

2. Briscoe Darling: "Is he one of ours?"

3. Introduction of Ernest T. Bass: "I'm a little mean, but I make up for it by being REAL healthy."

4. Darling music: That one makes me cry.

5. And...on a personal note...Dub Taylor who plays the traveling preacher who marries Charlene and Barney/Dud always reminds me of my late grandfather.

Agree! Two other quotes crack me up. When Briscoe comes into town to tell Andy about the Ernest T Bass problem:

Briscoe: He keeps botherin' Charlene, yelling all night, throwing rocks through the windows...

Andy: Can't you and the boys do something about it?

Briscoe: Well, we thought about killin' him. Kinda hated to go that far.

And the title of the song that makes Charlene Cry: Don't beat your grandma with a great big stick.

I've done the Andy Griffth Sunday school lessons with our middle and high school youth for several summers. They love this stuff (helps of course that 2/3 of the lesson time is taken up by watching the episode).

I've done the Andy Griffth Sunday school lessons with our middle and high school youth for several summers. They love this stuff (helps of course that 2/3 of the lesson time is taken up by watching the episode).

Yo, can you send me a PM w/ more information on these?

Back