• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Best Impression You Will Ever See

Ayo

What up, Bird?
Reaction score
To all the Sopranos fans who haven't seen this guy, I guarantee you will be amazed. His T is flawless. His Bobby is awesome too.

Meh. I mean it's better than I could do, but those are OK at best.

Pretty damn good, goes too far with some of the little quirks, but if you played that for someone without them seeing the guy, they'd think it was Tony Soprano

Yeah, close your eyes and its Tony.

Um, no. No it's not. I mean it is pretty darn good, and I agree that it is way too over the top with some of the little quirks, etc. But seriously? Best impression you will ever see? Not even close.

You can tell it's been a long time since the Sopranos was on TV.

Compare.

Yeah. Spears, Pharaoh, and Caliendo are way better than this dude.

That video is sick. The transition from a dead on DMX to a dead on Jay-Z is just talent.

Arie Spiers is the best I've ever seen. That guy was good though.

Yeah. Spears, Pharaoh, and Caliendo are way better than this dude.

That video is sick. The transition from a dead on DMX to a dead on Jay-Z is just talent.

I am with PH on this one. The Spears video is pretty amazing.

Like I said before, the Soprano guy is really good, but not great. It's like watching a really good amateur and thinking "wow, that guy is pretty good" and then someone show you a tape of a pro doing the same thing.

The best impressionist I ever saw was a guy named Finis Henderson. In the 80s he was a regular MC at The Comedy Store. He was so good people thought he had tapes behind him. He would go off mic to prove it was him. His Ali was perfect.

One night we were at a show with Bundini Brown. Finis told us to hangout because Robin Williams was going to show up for the late show and so was Paul Mooney.

We waited but noticed Bundini was gone. That wasn't unusual He'd just disappear, sometimes for days.

As the late show got started he reappeared. Finis was doing his show. When he got to his Ali impression, a guy started walking up to the stage. As he got to the lights all we could see was him shaking his finger at Finis and Finis looking amazed.

The guy goes up on stage and turns around, "I'm mad at you. You do me better than I do me."

Bundini had gone to get Ali and the champ gave Finis a big hug. Ali sat with us and even John Whitehead was silent. A few moments go by, Ali laughs and whispers something to Bundini.

Bundini cracks up, "The Champ says this cat's funny. Why aren't you laughing?"

Back