• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Best Sub Chain

Best National Sub/Sandwich chain

• Firehouse

Votes: 33 19.1%
  • Jimmy Johns

Votes: 34 19.7%
  • Subway

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Jersey Mikes

Votes: 81 46.8%
  • Other

Votes: 18 10.4%
  • Haas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TARDAWG

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Want to avoid discussing the local favorite for the best sandwich in your area, but what chain do you think offers the best quality sub or sandwich?

I was a Jersey Mikes fan, but just had an unreal lunch at Firehouse. Granted I am not that picky, I even go Subway from time to time.

I don't go to sub/sandwich chains that often, but I like Lenny's more than the ones listed. It's probably closest to Jersey Mike's for those that aren't familiar with it. Chicken Philly FTW. The hot pepper relish kicks ass too.

I can't see how anyone who goes to Firehouse or Jimmy John's would ever go into Subway again. JJ's is great.

Firehouse is easily my favorite chain.

i went to jj's once and they were out of bread. said come back in 15 mins. havent ever gone back.

Jersey Mike's sucks.

Anyone who knows anything about hoagies/subs would only eat at a chain store if there were no real hoagie/cheesesteak places in your town.

I voted Jimmy Johns; probably the best of the chains that I've had.

I can't see how anyone who goes to Firehouse or Jimmy John's would ever go into Subway again. JJ's is great.

Excuse me? Not sure if you've ever watched TV but Subway singlehandedly turned a humongous, disgusting slob into the biggest pussy slayer in America. Just by doming fucking BMT's for a few years.

i went to jj's once and they were out of bread. said come back in 15 mins. havent ever gone back.

So your objection is just the service "that one time" rather than how good it actually is? Do yourself a favor and try it. You'll be glad. Their bread is fantastic. Firehouse is easily 1b to JJ's 1a.

Jersey Mike's sucks.

Anyone who knows anything about hoagies/subs would only eat at a chain store if there were no real hoagie/cheesesteak places in your town.

OP: Want to avoid discussing the local favorite for the best sandwich in your area, but what chain do you think offers the best quality sub or sandwich?

9780439629225_6.jpg

Not to over exaggerate, but Firehouse might as well be yeasty shit covered tampons on a roll.

Does Primo Hoagies count? Not a huge chain, but it's in a couple states around Pennsylvania on the east coast. Easily the best of the bunch, IMO.

Does Primo Hoagies count? Not a huge chain, but it's in a couple states around Pennsylvania on the east coast. Easily the best of the bunch, IMO.

Fuck no. This is about "subs," not "hoagies." Get that hoagie/grinder shit outta here!

Voted JJ's. The only things at subway that are edible are a BLT or the tuna. All of their deli meat is weird, chewy and slimy. Never been to Firehouse.

I really enjoy the subs and fries at Penn Station Subs.

Of the chains listed, I probably like Jersey Mike's best, but Subway is reliable and most common, and easy to customize.

Back