• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Bubble

If Pitt got 2 wins that means they’d beat Carolina and they’d only be a 50/50?
Pitt had a horrible nonconference schedule and not enough big wins to balance out 2 Q3 losses. If they beat Wake in the ACCT they’d have three Q1 wins (Duke, UVA, Wake). If 1 of their 3 Q1 wins end up being a Wake team that gets left out of the tournament and another one is bubble team UVA, I’m not sure if that’s enough for a team of their profile. Beating UNC probably gets them there though, agreed.

Outside of the Wake blowout game they’ve been fantastic since the end of January, but they dug themselves a giant hole from November to mid January.

And pretty sure if that happens VT would be a Q1 opportunity for in game 3 right? So get to Pitt, beat them, beat VT and we are in. That's 4 Q1's with the chance at 5 if Florida slides back into the top-30

Time for things to trend more our way now that we got off the schneid against Clemson. Plus, nature abhors a vacuum. We're due. I wanna believe.

I find it hard to believe a team with Wake’s ratings would have less than 95% bid odds adding 2 Q1 wins, one of which would be Q1A (Pitt, UNC).

The situation I’m still wrestling with is what happens with GT/ND and Pitt wins and a close UNC loss. I like to think Wake still gets a bid but I think that’s the Wake fan in me. It would be close I think.

I think 2 wins is wrong side of bubble but close. Beating UNC clearly puts Wake in the field. We’d be like 30th in the NET, 20th in KP and have 4 Q1 wins
If we only get two wins, I think they need to be two blowouts. Destroy GT or ND, beat Pitt by 10+. Improve that NET to top 30 and dare the committee to ignore their own metric to leave Wake out.

IMG_1417.jpg
Feel this very accurately depicts wake. “High ceiling low floor” and “could lose first game or make deep run”. Applies very much to our ACC tourney and NCAA if we made it.

Not who I would follow for updates but to see what ESPN will be showing here’s Joey Bracket’s latestIMG_1420.jpg

I think 2 wins is wrong side of bubble but close. Beating UNC clearly puts Wake in the field. We’d be like 30th in the NET, 20th in KP and have 4 Q1 wins
concur

beating GT or ND does absolutely nothing for resume and doesn't negate the bad loss wake already has to them
beating Pitt, while good, isn't a win that washes out the three losses in a row to non tournament teams and the 2-9 road record.

two is a bare minimum because you need the third game against a UNC to make a dent.

I find it hard to believe a team with Wake’s ratings would have less than 95% bid odds adding 2 Q1 wins, one of which would be Q1A (Pitt, UNC).

The situation I’m still wrestling with is what happens with GT/ND and Pitt wins and a close UNC loss. I like to think Wake still gets a bid but I think that’s the Wake fan in me. It would be close I think.

The Wake fan in you makes you optimistic? How long have you been a wake fan?

Curious if Lunardi moves Wake above both Drake & Iowa if they lose today.

It’d be hard for me to personally put a team in with 15 losses in Villanova, which will be how many they have by the end of next week. They also haven’t beaten a legitimate tourney team since December

We gotta win at least 3 but maybe even win the whole thing. I don't think the bubble games around us are too relevant. We either beat GT, Pitt, and UNC or we stand no chance.

I think if the bubble goes perfectly for us then we'd still need to win 3. Win 3 and that's 2 Q1 wins and would be hard to leave us out with top-35 metrics across the board and either 4 or 5 Q1 wins depending on Florida.

For the camp that feels a third win is a necessity, do you believe that wouldn’t be the case if oh boy misses the last shot in GT game?

Back