• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Bubble

Well yesterday didn’t go well for us aside from our game. What’s the rooting guide for today?

1. WFU at 2:30
2. WFU at 2:30
3. WFU at...you get the point
4. LSU over Miss State at 1:00
5. Minnesota over Mich State at noon
6. Houston over TCU at 3:00
7. Ole Miss over aTm at 7:00
8. Iowa-tOSU goes quadruple OT - both currently right below WF
9. Seton Hall beat St John's in a tight one - Seton Hall currently last 4 byes, St. John's in Dayton; loser out, we hope but lean to Seton Hall to win close and knock Pitino out before he can get his 15 seconds
10. Providence (Creighton) and Nova (Marquette) lose
11. Cinci loses to Baylor
12. BC takes out UVA and moves into NET 75
13. Boise over New Mexico
14. Utah over Colorado (tough one - Colorado is L4 in; Utah could maybe replace them)
15. Dayton over Duquesne - Dayton is in; need them to win the auto bid which would move everyone up a spot in the Matrix
16. Florida over UGA - let's get UF back to a Q1 win

Last edited:
If we don’t get in, it will be because we couldn’t beat a bad Notre Dame team on the road and a bad GT at home.
Yes, our season is the equivalent of a tight, sloppy game that gets decided by a terrible call. (Although not sure those teams are bad - maybe mediocre is a more fair adjective)

Would suck to lose that way, but if you put yourself in position to get screwed, it’s ultimately your fault.

That Cincy team is trash. A depleted Kansas nearly came back on them.

The problem with metrics is that a computer doesn't understand when players are hurt and don't play.

Computer models should be a guide, not a decider.

Last edited:
Cincy jumps 9 spots in NET with a win over depleted KU to pass us and Clemson.

83bd618866a2c47ce9c19c38424ff6f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is nuts that Cincy jumped that much. This is why this whole system is flawed. It doesn't take into account who's not on the floor. Beating Kansas without their two all Americans is about like beating NC State and should be viewed as such and worth maybe a 1 or 2 point increase.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

9. Seton Hall beat St John's in a tight one - Seton Hall currently last 4 byes, St. John's in Dayton; loser out, we hope but lean to Seton Hall to win close and knock Pitino out before he can get his 15 seconds
14. Utah over Colorado (tough one - Colorado is L4 in; Utah could maybe replace them)
Seems like BC and FL winning some games to get into q1 territory would be critical

Do we want FSU or UNC to win? Feel like you could argue it either way. UNC obvi a better win but FSU more beatable (I think)

You will never convince me that it makes sense that Clemson is a lock for a decent seed and Wake is out when Wake (1) finished ahead of Clemson in the ACC (at least on tiebreakers); (2) beat Clemson head-to-head; and (3) Clemson just lost three of four to non-tournament teams, including getting curbstomped by a bad BC team.

As best I can tell, we each have 4 wins against teams likely to make the tournament. How is their resume THAT much better than ours?
I do not understand clemson being a lock at all. We are better and have proven it.

Seems like BC and FL winning some games to get into q1 territory would be critical

Do we want FSU or UNC to win? Feel like you could argue it either way. UNC obvi a better win but FSU more beatable (I think)

I'm leaning toward FSU so we have a more winnable game (hopefully; their depth concerns me at this event)

Beat Pitt, FSU and whomever we face on Saturday, and Selection Sunday is fun!

You will never convince me that it makes sense that Clemson is a lock for a decent seed and Wake is out when Wake (1) finished ahead of Clemson in the ACC (at least on tiebreakers); (2) beat Clemson head-to-head; and (3) Clemson just lost three of four to non-tournament teams, including getting curbstomped by a bad BC team.

As best I can tell, we each have 4 wins against teams likely to make the tournament. How is their resume THAT much better than ours?

Clemson is getting a ton of mileage out of this stretch late last year:

1000006219.jpg

so Clemson is a lock and we don’t get a Q1 win for beating them. But other teams get a Q1 win for beating us, a supposed much inferior team. Same with the UVA win/loss. Cincy rising so much playing a team without its stars. So absurd this system.

We made our bed with the ridiculous three game losing streak, but that doesn’t mean that the system isn’t severely flawed.

so Clemson is a lock and we don’t get a Q1 win for beating them. But other teams get a Q1 win for beating us, a supposed much inferior team. Same with the UVA win/loss. Cincy rising so much playing a team without its stars. So absurd this system.

We made our bed with the ridiculous three game losing streak, but that doesn’t mean that the system isn’t severely flawed.
It just defies logic, doesn't it?

Cincy rising doesn't matter right? If they are using the metrics we are in? But they clearly are not just using the metrics, they decide on a team by team basis whether they want to look at wins and losses, or metrics. And quite frankly it's complete bullshit.

Yes, our season is the equivalent of a tight, sloppy game that gets decided by a terrible call. (Although not sure those teams are bad - maybe mediocre is a more fair adjective)

Would suck to lose that way, but if you put yourself in position to get screwed, it’s ultimately your fault.
Like Mark Williams over the back dunk for the win in Cameron?

Cincy rising doesn't matter right? If they are using the metrics we are in? But they clearly are not just using the metrics, they decide on a team by team basis whether they want to look at wins and losses, or metrics. And quite frankly it's complete bullshit.
And ratings.

Pitino coaching with Jay Wright in the stands cheering on Villanova.

That goofball from Indiana State.

Ratings and clicks.

But other teams get a Q1 win for beating us, a supposed much inferior team.
The only teams getting a Q1 win from Wake are GT, Utah, and LSU. None of Wake’s road losses are Q1 wins for the opponent, and they won’t be unless Wake jumps to NET top 30

15. Dayton over Duquesne - Dayton is in; need them to win the auto bid which would move everyone up a spot in the Matrix
16. Florida over UGA - let's get UF back to a Q1 win
Great list!!! I'll add a few more that I'm keeping my eye on...

• St. Joes over Richmond (11:30am). This will clear the path for Dayton a little better and reduce the chances of a bid thief.
  • Wichita State over Memphis (2:30pm). Memphis is showing up on some bubbles and it would be nice if they didn't string any wins together.
  • UCLA over Oregon (5:30pm). I've seen Oregon on a couple of "next four out" lists.
  • Iowa State over Kansas State (7pm). KState moved onto some bubble lists after their home win against Iowa State last week.
  • Nevada over Colorado State (9pm). The Rams are probably not in any danger with a loss, but they are fraudulent and I want them to lose to make me right.

The St John’s resume is trash. Apparently they are in if they beat Seton Hall who is also a lock. Seton Hall won 13 conference games with DePaul, Gtown, & Butler being 6 of them.
If Nova miss tournament, St John’s only win vs the field is Creighton.

Back