• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Buzz Offense

When our top two players are #1 and #2 in the league in minutes played, when a freshman is asked to stay on the floor for 38 minutes, essentially we are left with four players rotating throught part time point guard play and some sort of 4/5 three hearded monster. Hell, yes, the offense is going to break down when our three most active players play the entire game.

Which part is Chenault throwing the ball away or missing a shot?

I'm pretty sure the arrow pointing down is the fast break dunk heading the other way that is the result of most of our plays.

Apparently our players arent smart enough to grasp the complexity of his vast Xs and Os knowledge.

"It's a simple game. It really is. Trust me."

BTW, way too much east-west and not enough north-south. The purpose of high screens is to create mismatches and/or pick-and-roll opportunities. In the occasional situation when we create those opportunities, we promptly give it away by not penetrating, allowing the defense to recover. We might as well just stand there and dribble out the clock. The end result is the same.

Apparently our players arent smart enough to grasp the complexity of his vast Xs and Os knowledge.

"It's a simple game. It really is. Trust me."

BTW, way too much east-west and not enough north-south. The purpose of high screens is to create mismatches and/or pick-and-roll opportunities. In the occasional situation when we create those opportunities, we promptly give it away by not penetrating, allowing the defense to recover. We might as well just stand there and dribble out the clock. The end result is the same.

So.....buzz out...??

Why do we not play a two man game with CJ and Travis? They are our best players by far. No one else should touch it, except to give them a rest on offense.

That's cuz Tony and Nikita gotta get theirs. Big boys gotta eat. It's their show.

Obviously our offense under Buzz has been much worse than our offense under Dino (for a number of reasons), but we have improved in a few areas, believe it or not:

Turnover%
FT Rate
3pt%
3PA%
A%

If things were going well, I bet the BuzzInners would be talking about the improved A% as evidence that we share the ball more now.

It's also kind of amazing that we turn the ball over less with Chennault running the show instead of Ish and Teague.

Last edited:
It is really too bad there isn't a 'rushed horrible shot at the end of the shotclock'%...we would be near the top in that.

Obviously our offense under Buzz has been much worse than our offense under Dino (for a number of reasons), but we have improved in a few areas, believe it or not:

Turnover%
FT Rate
3pt%
3PA%
A%

If things were going well, I bet the BuzzInners would be talking about the improved A% as evidence that we share the ball more now.

It's also kind of amazing that we turn the ball over less with Chennault running the show instead of Ish and Teague.

It's probably because bricking a shitty, contested shot with 2 seconds left on the shot clock doesn't count as a turnover

In fairness, the player who has the ball has to make an entry pass at the right time which is exactly timed to the cut off the screen, we never do that and by the time the pass is made the defenders have recovered. If you attend one of our last two games just watch for guys coming off screens and not being passed the ball. It amazes me every time we fail.

Back