• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The #Buzzout #Wellmanout Billboard: Development Thread

Give the leftovers to the next effort. Could be something cheap like #BuzzOUT business cards or fliers. It's not cool to crowd source for a purpose then change the purpose.

I'm sure a crowdtilt for a legit charity could get a hundred or so.

Probably best to poll people who donated.

Totally fine with that. I'm just giving my own opinion on it.

Give the leftovers to the next effort. Could be something cheap like #BuzzOUT business cards or fliers. It's not cool to crowd source for a purpose then change the purpose.

Agreed.

Agree with ph. The money is going to be needed for the resistance. I cant wait to see the banner towing plane!

Dafuq you talking about dv7. This is wake forest. Were the 1 percent. The disadvantagd are to be exploited didnt you learn anything in your four years?

RedSox, hats off to you for all your hard work. And hats off to everybody who contributed. I'm fucking pumped.

Also, James Beshara (the Crowdtilt founder and WFU class '08) just gave us a shout-out earlier on Twitter:

James Beshara ‏@jjbeshara 2h
Wake Forest fans get a billboard for their #buzzout campaign in just days.. https://www.crowdtilt.com/campaigns/buzzout-billboard-edition

VT, please send your ideas to me, Stratt, and RedSox. Let's make some decisions so that we can get this up!!

VT, please send your ideas to me, Stratt, and RedSox. Let's make some decisions so that we can get this up!!

I am planning on sending a rough draft out to the 'team' by Sunday night.

Hoping the time will let the conversation broil on here a bit more & also allow RSF to figure out what we're going to have to work with in terms of locations, dates, etc.

I like this idea. Create #WellmanOut business cards with the firebzdelik website address and randomly drop them around campus or on cars at various athletic events.

Congrats on Tilting guys!

Funds should go where they were originally intended. To do otherwise, even for charity is not right.

Sorry, Rj. Couldn't resist:

motivational-lols-1.jpg

MARCH 28 UPDATE:
Okay. Here's where we stand.

1.) We're at an overwhelming 93% of the original target. That's about $4400, in case anybody's wondering. I can't thank everybody enough for this; we now definitely have concrete options in terms of what we can afford, and that is a huge luxury for our campaign.

2.) In light of this week's news, the ad will absolutely, positively, unequivocally target Ron Wellman. It's a necessity at this point.

3.) We still have the Fairway options I posted in #353, but truthfully I'm of the opinion that most of those options suck.

4.) I called both CBS and Whiteheart this afternoon with specific billboards in mind; neither answered the phone. Whiteheart is apparently a Wake fan and anti-Bz, so he might be our best bet going forward. I'm going to try both CBS and Whiteheart again around 4:30.

5.) If anybody still has the ear of Katz, Brennan, et al, now would be a good time to let them know that we're moving forward with a billboard. We need the media to be ready for this in advance of the billboard actually going up. It's our best chance to control the story, to be frank. I tweeted at Katz, Brennan, Bomani, Drew Magary, and Chris Chase to let them know that we have officially gotten enough $$ for a board. Please follow suit with anybody you can think of; this is arguably more important for the cause than donations at this point.

Some information behind the project: We originally were quoted at $4700 for 4 weeks of a billboard on Business 40 in downtown W-S. I'm not sure if that quote would still stand, but we can safely set an estimate of $4500 for now and see where that lands later on. Obviously there would be some flexibility here in terms of location, but IIRC we agreed that Business 40 in downtown W-S would make the biggest impact for the buck.

In terms of design, obviously we'd all want VT to design the ad if he were up to it. If so, he'd have complete control over content.

Here's the link to the Crowdtilit. You can donate $1, $5, $10, $100, $500... whatever you feel comfortable contributing. But with such a big goal, we're going to need help.

RSF, lemme know if you need help with anything. I live in Greensboro and don't mind driving over to Winston.

I assume this has already been discussed, but has anyone thought about putting up a billboard in Atlanta near the Georgia Dome?

Good idea, but I don't think we'll have enough time to execute for the Final Four in Atlanta.

Alternative idea for excess funds....pre-printed toilet paper

http://www.startoiletpaper.com/our-toilet-paper

Per-printed with the reminder...
"After you take a [Redacted], don't forget to wipe your Wellman"

Could someone make sure that fresh rolls of this TP are installed in every restroom near where the BOT is meeting on April 19th?

Last edited:
Just a thought... what if we used extra funds to do the fire wellman sky writing the day of the bot meeting?

Back