• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Bystander President

It's simple. When shit's going bad, he's being kept in the dark. When shit's good, he's at the helm, overseeing all. Politics 101. The sad part is when people buy his bullshit- or any politician's.

"I hope to change the bottom line in my bank account, Michelle."

Just look at CNN's main page. "What did Obama know and when did he find out?" Liberal media bias indeed.

He's pretty much the anti-Harry Truman.

It's simple. When shit's going bad, he's being kept in the dark. When shit's good, he's at the helm, overseeing all. Politics 101. The sad part is when people buy his bullshit- or any politician's.

That reminds me of the time we went to pitch funding for the sequel to The Last Picture Show (a horrible movie called Texasville) to a Japanese PR firm.

As we were led into the conference room, we saw a Korean guy sitting in the corner. He kept sitting as we entered. A few seconds later three or four very well dressed thirtyish Japanese guys game into the room. They took turns introducing themselves and handing us their cards. Then the president of the company's US division entered and was introduced to us.

After the meeting Peter Bogodonovich, and friends left. As we got ready to leave, I asked my Japanese friend who had set the meeting up what was going on in there. Very sheepishly she explained that if they decided to invest and it went well, the president would take credit. If it marginally made money or marginally lost some, the VP with appropriate seniority would be the decision maker. If it lost a lot, it was the Korean's guy's fault.

We were all caught between laughing and being outraged. But that's the way they did it.

Deja vu

"For a smart man, President Bush professes to know very little about a great number of things going on in his administration..."

Isn't this common? I mean, Reagan didn't know he was selling arms to the Iranians and he was the spawn of Jesus Christ so....

Isn't this common? I mean, Reagan didn't know he was selling arms to the Iranians and he was the spawn of Jesus Christ so....

Can you imagine how Republicans would act if Iran-Contra happened under Obama's watch?

Can you imagine how Republicans would act if Iran-Contra happened under Obama's watch?

Obama on the left, Ted Cruz on the right holding Ann Coulter's leash.

image_08_05_020_R07-2010.jpg

For those who have asked.....the Japanese group did not invest. Texasville was one of the worst movies I ever saw. It was even worst having to sit through a screening and not saying that to those involved.

Last edited:
Back