• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Bzedlik Barnyard

The best spin I can put on this is that there is a clever enclave of ironic Bzoutters here. Realistically, it's college students being college students. However, I just don't understand how a small, wealth-and-privilege college that seems to pride itself on lacking a "barnyard" can be produce a group that suppports its flagship program. Guess there's just some children of farmers that want to cheer for the team. Wouldn't really have a problem with it if it wasn't so weak. I mean, it's really weak. McKie's Mammals is also weak, but not as weak as this spectacle.

Looks more like Bzz's furry fetish brigade.

http://www.bobhebertphoto.com/Wake-Forest-Basketball/Deacs-80-Miami-65/i-gMLJRZr/0/L/[Redacted]%20Barnyard%20students-L.jpg

Today, Joel rocked like it used to. Our best win since the '09 season. The kids knew that their players and friends won a great game today.

Bullshit. ESPN Classic had the 2005 UNC game on last week and THAT was an atmosphere. 14,000+ with a packed student section that was deafening for most of the game. Yesterday was amateur hour - fuck, the entire upper deck was empty. Not blaming the students/fans that are close to W-S. I wouldn't go watch either...

Is that guy in the front fusing Luigi with Santa Claus? What do either of those have anything to do with a barnyard?

Last edited:
Bullshit. ESPN Classic had the 2005 UNC game on last week and THAT was an atmosphere. 14,000+ with a packed student section that was deafening for most of the game. Yesterday was amateur hour - fuck, the entire upper deck was empty. Not blaming the students/fans that are close to W-S. I wouldn't go watch either...

I had seats in the upper deck...... I could hear my own echo when i cheered. Pretty empty

The AD announced attendance of over 12,000. There's no way there were 12,000 fannies in seats.

The other side of the sign says McKie's Mammals and they kept flipping it around so its not exclusively [Redacted]'s barnyard. They are also all in the same frat together.

Which frat?

The AD announced attendance of over 12,000. There's no way there were 12,000 fannies in seats.

Thats not true. Our AD has never lied to us under Wellman. Ya, no where close to twelve thousand

Are we at rock bottom yet?

I wasn't at the game yesterday but I'm calling bullshit too if the upper deck was empty. The 2005 UNC game was classic but unfortunately I couldn't get tickets as a senior because the ENTIRE student section was reserved for screamin' demons. That's right... a senior who went to nearly every game for 4 years as a non-screamin' demon couldn't get tickets because we were that good and the demand was so high that you had to be a SD to get tickets.

I'll also throw the 2003 Duke 2OT game in as a legendary Joel atmosphere. 14,000 fans screaming at the top of their lungs for over 2 hours. It literally felt like the top was about to blow off the Joel. Everyone rushing the court after beating Duke in the second OT. First time we had beaten them in six years and 15 games. 8 players fouled out. J-Gray rocking a Bane-esque mask after breaking his jaw. Nearly the entire campus went straight to the Quad to roll it and then half of that group went to Daytona's to drink their balls off in celebration. Oh and I forgot to mention - a highly sought after recruit from Winston-Salem was in the stands that night and rushed the court with us...

If you want to be depressed or nostalgic read through these recaps of the game from ESPN and the OGB:

http://hdl.handle.net/10339/36809

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=230440154

"Last season, students braving the cold and endless amounts of workload to campout for tickets were greeted with boxes of pizza delivered by Prosser himself. His constant warm acknowledgements in chance restaurants and on campus served to further bridge the gap between the student body and the university. It appeared that with the success of last season, their NCAA tournament performance and a strong recruiting class, the Deacs were back on track to become a perennial power. Recent success, however, has been far ahead of where most experts and analysts ever imagined. Such progress is a testament to the ability of Prosser and his coaching staff along with the support of the student body to develop a program deserving of respect. The recipe has been a success thus far this season as the Deacs claim an undefeated record at home. It appears Prosser is finally getting what he wants from the students and consequently fans have in turn had their wishes granted as well. Maybe the team and students are gelling into one compelling force and the Joel, along with the Deacs, will be feared in seasons to come. For on the morning after that historic night when students struggled to morning classes across the campus, the one and only thought on everyone’s
minds was “We Beat Duke!”

Fuck I miss Wake, Winston, Skip and the roundball teams of yesteryear. That's why seeing us settle for mediocrity is so damn depressing. Happy to see some improvement from the team and happy to see the students getting into it a little bit more. Winning will do that but we're a far cry from where this program should be. If Buzz is the guy to bring us back to where we used to be then hell - I'm 100% in for the man. Unfortunately, I just don't think he'll ever be the coach to do it.

I implore any boosters reading this to do whatever it takes to get Shaka Smart in Winston-Salem. We'll finally be able to read more articles like the two above.

Last edited:
You people will complain about anything. Jesus. They may be drunken idiots, but they are nothing like dukies. Who gives a shit? At least they are cheering.

http://www.bobhebertphoto.com/Wake-Forest-Basketball/Deacs-80-Miami-65/i-gMLJRZr/0/L/[Redacted]%20Barnyard%20students-L.jpg

Lolz.....that's worse than hillbillies in orange overalls.

Why can't the students just wear tie dyes or all black shirts or something. Dressing up in a bunch of cheap Halloween costumes for college basketball games is weak as hell. I bet they are in a shitty fraternity if they are in one at all.

Back