• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Deacs vs The Eagles Game Thread

The irony here is how much shit I caught for saying the four guard scheme would never work and described why. Several of us said the same thing, but the "experts" knew so much better.

Who argued it would work?

Another former Deac, Miles Overton also missed the start of the season for Drexel, but Overton has not played as well or as much as Rondale since returning. In 5 games, MO is averaging 6 ppg., shooting 33% from 2 and 28% from 2, while playing about 18 minutes a game. Drexel is struggling overall 7-10 #253 in the KP ratings.

Overton played for WF in 2013-2014 and transferred midway through the 2014-2015 season. After sitting out 2015-2016 season, he was a 4th junior last year and is 5th year senior this year. He simply has problems putting the ball in the basket. In his 4 years as a player, MO has never cracked (or come close) to shooting better than 40% from the field. He is shooting 30% this year.

I have no recollection of this, but when Overton was a frosh, he scored 12 points in 20 minutes in loss at Duke. He only scored double digits one other time in his 36 games as a Deacon.

The irony here is how much shit I caught for saying the four guard scheme would never work and described why. Several of us said the same thing, but the "experts" knew so much better.

Would like to see examples of posts from self proclaimed experts that the four guard line up would work. if not why DO TYOU LIEEE???!?!?!?!?!????1111111

Three observations from the BC game:

1. How can this coaching staff continue to design a game plan where a guard shooting less than 40% takes 11 shots(makes 1) and a center shooting 75% only takes 4 shots from the field?

2. I continue to support Bryant Crawford and feel that he was slighted in the all-conference voting last year since he and Dennis Smith Jr. were the only 2 guards in the conference that averaged over 16 pts. and 5 assists. However, he needs, at some point, to start playing smarter. For example, with about 16 seconds left in the BC game the Eagles missed 2 free throws and we were down by 6, 2 possessions. Instead of going for a 3 point shot, Bryant had a one on one in the open floor and he attempted to drive for a 2 point layup(he turned the ball over). This was the one instance where a 3 point shot would have turned the game into a 1 point possession and a made layup would have still kept it at a 2 possession game. This may seem to be nitpicking and some may say the game was over but who remembers our loss to Virginia at home a couple of years ago?

3. The BC game was another example that a major need is a pass-first point guard. When this team is in an assist mode it is successful. Against Syracuse there were 20 assists on 25 made field goals. The Syracuse zone forced the team to pass the ball. Against man-to-man this team over dribbles, goes one-on-one, and the assists go down and the field goal percentages go down.

I wish we would screen Moore open more on the block. Few teams have 1 player that can guard him. Nobody has 2 if we forced them to switch.

He was pretty good at WF. Better than Chil. Never got much PT.

4059360df991bf00c5daeabd33c22c0d.jpg

Back