• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Death of the ACC!

deputydeacon

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I see the end of the ACC coming very very soon. Maryland is just the beginning. We all know the move to 4 sixteen team super conferences has been bounced around on different blog sites. I don't see anyway to stop the inevitable. And...I see the ACC being done. All it will take is FSU or Clemson leaving and it's over. I can see one of them going to the Big 12 and bye bye ACC. NCSU would then go to say the SEC, UNC to the Big 10, and Duke would become an independent sort of like ND is now in football. They could survive because of the demand for games in basketball. What does Wake now offer? We will be left out in the cold. Let's see... Football? Nope. Basketball? Are you kidding me? We will be in a lower tier of teams alongside the UNCG, AppSt, WCU, ECU, et al's in our state and nearby fodder schools. We have nothing to offer and there will be no demand for us. Unless the ACC holds Maryland to the $52 mil buyout which may make others question leaving, or...Notre Dame somehow (which they would be stupid to do) comes fully into the league [fb included (no $ incentive to do so)], we are on the outside looking in. There is just too much money in tv packages out there for this not to happen. Conferences are going to grab up teams that will give them an "in" in certain markets and poor 'ol Wake is going to be left by the wayside. What do you guys think?

I think it's ridiculous to think all 4 NC teams will end up separate....let alone just the triumvirate in Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill

Whatever just another WVU fan. It is not happening get over it.

Chalk up another one for the late shift. Good call, jd3. Mounty = deputy. I must admit that I did not put them together.

Last edited:
Back