• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The defensive line

Garrett_TD23

Reaction score
Just wondering who are the starters and 2nd team backups on the defensive line?

I know about Nikita Whitlock and Zach Thompson, but who else?

Last edited:
Kris Redding will likely be the starter on the other side. Hazime will be Nikita's backup. 2nd team ends will come from Floyd, Offer, Vogelsang and Garcia. Banks and Harris could compete for time if their are good enough to have the red shirts lifted.

Kris Redding will likely be the starter on the other side. Hazime will be Nikita's backup. 2nd team ends will come from Floyd, Offer, Vogelsang and Garcia. Banks and Harris could compete for time if their are good enough to have the red shirts lifted.

I think Lewinson may have his redshirt lifted before Banks or Harris.

The lack of depth on the d-line scares me a little, but nothing we're not used to. I hope Nikita stays healthy and continues to amaze at NG at his size, because there's not much behind him on the depth chart at NG.

The transfer has the size to play all D-Line positions. Not too worried about the D-line this year.

At this point, the d-line is perhaps a larger concern than the o-line. At least we have the big bodies for the o-line.

We need to find a pass rush from these guys. We were horrible last year- had no push from anywhere.

I think that D. Floyd may be exactly what we need this year at end. We could not get pressure on the QB at all last year, and Floyd, if his preseason play last August is any indication, can get in the backfield.

Back