• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Deuce--HBO (potential spoilers)

I am excited for this. I really enjoyed Show Me a Hero, and I think all of Simon's stuff does a great job with character studies.

The Deuce--HBO

Enjoyed the pilot enough to keep watching. Giving the benefit of the doubt to the former The Wire showrunners is pretty easy, and the cast is strong.

i wonder if snoop will be brought back to team up with chris again

watched the pilot last night and it was great. Completely sucks you in, pardon the pun.

I got confused about 1:15 in, and was wondering if it was one of those HBO TV movie creations. But really great pilot. Should be interesting to see how the story lines are tied together. I'm guessing this will only be a one season series given the stars in the cast? With the money HBO can throw around, who knows I guess.

I got confused about 1:15 in, and was wondering if it was one of those HBO TV movie creations. But really great pilot. Should be interesting to see how the story lines are tied together. I'm guessing this will only be a one season series given the stars in the cast? With the money HBO can throw around, who knows I guess.

Looking forward to the headline when it gets cancelled.

The GF and I have enjoyed the first three episodes. Maybe we weren't listening close enough, but I have no idea what the play is for the mobsters that just got green lit.

The GF and I have enjoyed the first three episodes. Maybe we weren't listening close enough, but I have no idea what the play is for the mobsters that just got green lit.

I'm with you, still can't figure out exactly what they're doing or what the final play is with Vincent and that bar. I don't think they've revealed enough at this point tbh.

Agreed the mob stuff is still TBD, but it seems like the mob's desire is to clean up certain areas of NYC for its real estate development, and that that NYC government is eager to cooperate as evidenced by the directive to the cops to essentially have blocks of the city where crime will be tolerated (thus presumably funneling crime to those Hamsterdam areas and cleaning up the other areas).

Agreed the mob stuff is still TBD, but it seems like the mob's desire is to clean up certain areas of NYC for its real estate development, and that that NYC government is eager to cooperate as evidenced by the directive to the cops to essentially have blocks of the city where crime will be tolerated (thus presumably funneling crime to those Hamsterdam areas and cleaning up the other areas).

OTOH they were talking about Vincent being a fall guy ("don't let anyone run this that's part of the family" talk) for some reason, and specifically about how it had something to do with their boss running for mayor/president/something and once that was over it would go to shit. It's all very confusing right now but I'm not sure it's just about cleaning up certain areas and funneling crime to the bad ones. When they were talking to the lawyer I think they pointed at his new bar on the map even.

Also, that big Mike character is going to be interesting. He scares the shit out of me.

Damn boy--I've been working for ya'll for less than an hour, sounds like I'm gonna have to shoot a mother fucker already.

Back