• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Economist on Healthcare

First of all it's offensive to call it JEW jokes. You might as say N jokes. It's that offensive.

Next using one history's most despicable political cartoons to insult is NEVER OK. The original purpose of the cartoon that Milhouse used was to create hatred and justify the Holocaust.

There is no way to make that funny. The fact that ONLY you and Milhouse thought it was OK should have given you a hint.

The issue here would be over if people who weren't directly involved didn't keep it going.

We could be back on track, but again it's my fault that you keep the problem going.

shocking that you aren't married

What happens if it's genetic?

If this is allowed to happen, then when interviewing for a job your family's health history could keep you from being hired.

It's one thing to say your "cholice" to drink too much can inhibit your ability to be a truck driver.

It's quite another to say you're too fat to be an accountant.

Is it then another to say you're too fat to be an accountant covered under our company's insurance plan?

I don't think anyone is talking about penalizing people for congenital defects. I'm not, anyway.

Medicare and insurance companies combined are already pretty much at the point where they're making decisions on medical care for people...seems a short step to making wellness decisions for people.

I thought you guys were against the nanny state.

I am against government health care. But if government health care is a reality, then government has a responsibility to make sure it costs John Q. Taxpayer as little as possible. One way to do that is to ensure that people are wantonly costing the taxpayer more by making irresponsible choices.

Of course, in a free society those people could say f off, I'll do what I want and provide for my own healthcare outside of the government system so get off my back, but Obamacare won't allow that, which is why it is being battled in court.

But if you take the "free" ride from the government, it is entirely proper for the government to attach strings.

Back