• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Emerging Republican Advantage

I thought the anti-vax crowd was the Jenny McCarthy liberal yuppie crowd, but apparently the Bible Beaters have their own little anti-Vax crowd.

Hope that the GOP candidate will have the stones to say how ridiculous these people are who aren't Vaxing their kids.

Oh if there's any method where a subset of Bible Belters can possibly go against scientific consensus they will definitely do so. I can't wait for pourdeac to come in and tell us how we've all been fooled by big vaccines and to look at the money source behind the #vaccinateyourkids campaign

Has anyone tried to challenge Obamacare on the grounds that it forces employers to pay for employees' kids vaccinations, which goes against their witchcraft beliefs?
That sounds like a job for Roy Cooper.

In Public Health Law class we talked about whether people should be allowed to "opt out" of Vax.

The Feds making anything MANDATORY should make everyone queasy but this is one case where Uncle Sam is pretty damn much in the right and as a future parent, it scares the hell out of me that a couple of morons can ruin the herd immunity.

Rand Paul is finished

Hannity: Don't vax because...Obama
I never thought that I would say this, but there need to be limits on free speech.

This is the public health equivalent of shouting fire in a crowded movie theater.

Hannity: Don't vax because...Obama

Well he was talking about HPV and flu shots no? I know he's against all of the meds they give kids these days and I know he's not the smartest guy in the world as well...

BIG VAXXERS

he-said-the-problem-didn_t-lie-with-his-small-penis-but-rath-7.jpg

oh for fuck's sake he's against the flu vaccine?

What's the big deal there? It isn't mandatory to get a flu shot, and they are often largely useless (particularly this year). I rarely get my flu shot.

The HPV vaccine is one I would opt my daughters into if I had them, but it shouldn't be mandatory either. This is the only vaccination controversy I've seen sprout up in the GOP in recent years, and it was because a GOP governor (Rick Perry) was imposing it.

Now all this other shit like MMR, etc, is mandatory and it should be unless you are somehow going to be able to withdraw your child from public schools and public places for their entire childhood and then that child will become a hermit in adulthood and live in a cabin in the woods like the Unibomber. Since that isn't going to happen, vaccinate your damn kids.

On the other hand... http://www.theonion.com/articles/i-dont-vaccinate-my-child-because-its-my-right-to,37839/

I think it makes sense to require the flu vaccine in places like preschools and nursing homes since the elderly and really young are generally those who can die from the flu (or are more likely to die I guess I should say).

I've had the flu vaccine once and had symptoms from it (something like .4% of people get symptoms after having it according to the doctor...so woof). I've never had the flu otherwise but have heard once you get the flu you always get the vaccination in the future because it's so awful.

Interestingly enough, I think Mississippi is one of the States that mandates childhood vax. Good for them, we never say anything nice about them. (Well typically there isn't much to say)

Back