• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The FDA/Mass Murder

Can you atleast admit that the FDA is wrong for going after him over insurance and mail fraud? He has never been convicted and they have tried over 10 times with Grand Juries to lock him up, and presumable his antineoplastons with him. The leading guy in the FDA who was making it his sole mission to take Burzynski out, left the FDA and become Vice President for Elan Pharmeceutical which began trials on Burzynski's drugs and received their own patent in 1997 which was not 20 years after Burzynski's patent. They then ran trials on Phenylacetate which Burzynski has said himself is not very effective by itself. It's obvious many people are fighting to keep his treatments off the market so doctors can continue using 'clinically approved' chemo and radiation that kills people quicker than cancer itself.

lol - there's a sucker born every minute

The guy is a snake oil salesman, pure and simple. It's ridiculous that so many people fall for this sort of crap over and over and over.

Can you atleast admit that the FDA is wrong for going after him over insurance and mail fraud? He has never been convicted and they have tried over 10 times with Grand Juries to lock him up, and presumable his antineoplastons with him. The leading guy in the FDA who was making it his sole mission to take Burzynski out, left the FDA and become Vice President for Elan Pharmeceutical which began trials on Burzynski's drugs and received their own patent in 1997 which was not 20 years after Burzynski's patent. They then ran trials on Phenylacetate which Burzynski has said himself is not very effective by itself. It's obvious many people are fighting to keep his treatments off the market so doctors can continue using 'clinically approved' chemo and radiation that kills people quicker than cancer itself.

could've sworn this was a thread about Loose Change

lol - there's a sucker born every minute

The guy is a snake oil salesman, pure and simple. It's ridiculous that so many people fall for this sort of crap over and over and over.

Maybe he is a snake, but he has also cured kids of tumors to have them die a few weeks later because of the side effects of chemo and radiation.

lolololol - even the Village Voice, which is probably the most quack friendly paper in the country, is piling on this piece of garbage "film"

Narrated in a weirdly robotic voiceover, Burzynski violates every basic rule of ethical filmmaking: Merola interviews only Burzynski's supporters, produces no patient records other than the doctor's own, and offers no credible proof of the drug's success and no data about its side effects, even as he slams chemotherapy and radiation. Who's the bigger charlatan—Burzynski or Merola—and why is this conspiratorial rubbish being released into theaters?

Hrm, how many of these points does Burzynski hit? Quite a lot.

My mother died of cancer, I've spent a big part of my life in and out of oncology wards and donating / supporting organizations working on cures for cancer. Quacks like Burzynski who prey on desperate families with his snake oil cures are parasites, the lowest of the absolute low. He's a subhuman piece of scum.

Typical Misrepresentations

Proponents of questionable methods typically claim that marketplace demand and testimonials from satisfied customers are proof that their remedies work. However, proponents almost never keep score or reveal what percentage of their cases end in failure. Cancer cures attributed to questionable methods usually fall into one or more of five categories:

The patient never had cancer.
A cancer was cured or put into remission by proven therapy, but questionable therapy was also used and erroneously credited for the beneficial result
The cancer is progressing but is erroneously represented as slowed or cured.
The patient has died as a result of the cancer (or is lost to follow-up) but is represented as cured.
The patient had a spontaneous remission (very rare) or slow-growing cancer that is publicized as a cure.

ImTheCaptain said:
could've sworn this was a thread about Loose Change

That was my first thought as well reading this thread. All I know is that when I see a YouTube video spouting a conspiracy theory, I believe those videos 100% of the time.

Back