• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The fight.

I wasn't even trying. As far as I was concerned, it's over.

I had already done my interview with Max Kellerman and Larry Merchant.

The only was it could be close is after it ended and the lights were off. And I had gone home. Then you start a new game while I'm asleep. Yep, that's the way he could compete.

You mean like the bygone days when Philly was a center for rock & soul music? When lots of movies were being made there? When it was the center of the new restaurant movement? When it was a mecca for college bball?

Yep it's sure nostalgia to compare seeing great music local, live every night versus a bunch of pseudo-hip locations with little local talent.

Last edited:
The problem at the moment is that RJ doesn't really care all that much about Philly. It's like poking a bear with a pillow. He just wakes up, grumbles a little and falls back asleep. Townie has probably figured this out, and will pull away for a clear win unless someone engages/enrages RJ over something he cares about more. Like the adjective private. Or Zimmerman. Or that chick. My money's on RJ in any cyber-spat, but I'm worried he's tiring.

The problem at the moment is that RJ doesn't really care all that much about Philly. It's like poking a bear with a pillow. He just wakes up, grumbles a little and falls back asleep. Townie has probably figured this out, and will pull away for a clear win unless someone engages/enrages RJ over something he cares about more. Like the adjective private. Or Zimmerman. Or that chick. My money's on RJ in any cyber-spat, but I'm worried he's tiring.

He is much, much older than Townie. A factor to consider.

It's like playing against a team you have beaten by 30 one night, 40 the next and 25 another time. It's hard to get into it when there is no competition.

The reality is for a music person like Townie tries to be that the era from about 1970 through the mid-80s was infinitely better and more exciting than it is today.

We used to be able to hit the bong or do a line and still do shit rather than talk about doing it.

21l3iig.png

Last edited:
I wasn't even trying. As far as I was concerned, it's over.

I had already done my interview with Max Kellerman and Larry Merchant.

The only was it could be close is after it ended and the lights were off. And I had gone home. Then you start a new game while I'm asleep. Yep, that's the way he could compete.

You mean like the bygone days when Philly was a center for rock & soul music? When lots of movies were being made there? When it was the center of the new restaurant movement? When it was a mecca for college bball?

Yep it's sure nostalgia to compare seeing great music local, live every night versus a bunch of pseudo-hip locations with little local talent.

No doubt about the soul music scene rj. R & B groups like The Stylistics, The Delfonics, and The O'Jays to name just a few.

The Spinners, Teddy, even The Hustle, Ain't No Stoppin Us Now ...David Bowie and Elton John did albums at Sigma. Bruce would drop into Ripley's or The Main Point. Even Robert Hazzard had a hit with Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. The Hooters, The Reds, Thoroughgood and many others. Tom Waits used to stagger around Center City.

today they have what that you can see live?

This thread is amazing. So glad I wandered over here.

The real beginning of R&R in Philly.

To get one of the first "echo effects", they strung a chord into a staircase and had him sing.

Last edited:
RJ, you're the only person who thinks A) it's over and B) you won. Get angry and hulk up, otherwise this Judge is giving you the L.

You can't have a fight with one person. I haven't been in a "contest" for about 24 hours.

If you want to make it about something that I am not participating in, it's on you not me.

Back