• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The fight.

You can't have a fight with one person. I haven't been in a "contest" for about 24 hours.

If you want to make it about something that I am not participating in, it's on you not me.

So you QUIT then. I see.

^ #oooooops
21l3iig.png

He barely knows the difference between a fish taco and Fishtown, but he's got time to learn.

Either you quit or you didn't, RJ. Make a decision and stand by it. We have scorecards to fill out.

I wasn't even trying. As far as I was concerned, it's over.

I had already done my interview with Max Kellerman and Larry Merchant.

The only was it could be close is after it ended and the lights were off. And I had gone home. Then you start a new game while I'm asleep. Yep, that's the way he could compete.

You mean like the bygone days when Philly was a center for rock & soul music? When lots of movies were being made there? When it was the center of the new restaurant movement? When it was a mecca for college bball?

Yep it's sure nostalgia to compare seeing great music local, live every night versus a bunch of pseudo-hip locations with little local talent.

Damn I was mostly joking when I made fun of your early bedtime in earlier posts. My latest post last night was at 7:54 PM PST, dude! The "new game" started at like 6!

Philly went from a has been in the 70s to a never was in the 80s to an up and comer in the 90s, an almost there in the 00s and a fucking great in the 10s.

Let's talk about the great movies of the 70s and 80s. Like how in Trading Places, they show the Fitler Square and Bella Vista areas as slums, those places are nice real estate that has fucking magically managed to not over-gentrify today. Instead of the ridiculous segregation of the 80s Philly, I live in one of the most diverse, integrated cities in America now. I'm sure you felt awesome being the token white dude at Dobbs some nights, but we have actual diverse night life now!

The "new restaurant movement" started way after you think, too. It's been Starr, Garces, and Vetri that have changed this city. Le Bec Fin and Lemon Hill don't even exist anymore, and Philly is a far higher rated food city than it was in the 70s and 80s.

The Cathedral is still the Cathedral, rock and soul don't exist any more, but hip hop and new music thrive in Philly. I'd argue the best album of last year came from Philadelphia. You know how most people under 30 don't know half the acts you've named on this thread? If I name dropped War on Drugs, The Roots, Kurt Vile, Dr. Dog, G Love, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Man Man, or Modern Baseball, you #olds probably wouldn't have a clue either. Neither would palma, but that doesn't mean Philly isn't still a thriving music scene. And I prefer it to NY or DC because you can actually get tickets to any show you want to see without it selling out in five seconds online. There are outstanding indie venues to see underground punk shows like Kungfu Necktie, there are intermediate sized venues like Johnny Brenda's or TLA that attract outstanding upcoming talent, there are huge stadiums and amphitheaters to see the washed up Bruce Springsteens you #olds jizz to. Christ, the Springsteen worship may be the worst thing about Philadelphia. We have one of the best public radio stations in the country, WXPN outta UPenn, and every time there's a listener supported countdown, the whole thing is fucking Bruce Springsteen.

I digress.

All the West Philly spots you touted are Penntrified like crazy now, which is certainly partly sad, but it has also added tens of thousands of jobs in retail and tech, both with the Drexel co-ops, urban farms, and new businesses.

What's nice is that I can go south of Pine and west of 45th and north of Fairmount and have a great time nowadays in Philly. I'm not restricted to South St and Rittenhouse. It's a great time to be in Philly. Come on down some time, I bet we could have a great time. Too bad the sports teams all suck.

Figures that milennials and their supporters want to have a second shot after getting destroyed the first time. this new "challenge" is much like going from playing in the Final Four to shooting pieces of scrap paper at an office trash can.

I was about to say, maybe if he earns another shot, I'll give it to him. However, being an uber-millennial, hipster, he would expect his board step-daddies to beg for one for him....sort of like what's happening now.

Regardless of whom some may think is a "better Philadelphian", either is better than being from NY, Boston or.....

RJ prematurely declares victory, Philly style:

1242990459_touchdown_fail.gif

Reactions: Ayo
My favorite part of this thread is RJ's over the top proclamations of victory.

Damn I was mostly joking when I made fun of your early bedtime in earlier posts. My latest post last night was at 7:54 PM PST, dude! The "new game" started at like 6!

Philly went from a has been in the 70s to a never was in the 80s to an up and comer in the 90s, an almost there in the 00s and a fucking great in the 10s.

Let's talk about the great movies of the 70s and 80s. Like how in Trading Places, they show the Fitler Square and Bella Vista areas as slums, those places are nice real estate that has fucking magically managed to not over-gentrify. Instead of the ridiculous segregation of the 80s Philly, I live in one of the most diverse, integrated cities in America now. I'm sure you felt awesome being the token white dude at Dobbs some nights, but we have actual diverse night life now!

The "new restaurant movement" started way after you think, too. It's been Starr, Garces, and Vetri that have changed this city. Le Bec Fin and Lemon Hill don't even exist anymore, and Philly is a far higher rated food city than it was in the 70s and 80s.

The Cathedral is still the Cathedral, rock and soul don't exist any more, but hip hop and new music thrive in Philly. I'd argue the best album of last year came from Philadelphia. You know how most people under 30 don't know half the acts you've named on this thread? If I name dropped War on Drugs, The Roots, Kurt Vile, Dr. Dog, G Love, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Man Man, or Modern Baseball, you #olds probably wouldn't have a clue either. Neither would palma, but that doesn't mean Philly isn't still a thriving music scene. And I prefer it to NY or DC because you can actually get tickets to any show you want to see without it selling out in five seconds online. There are outstanding indie venues to see underground punk shows like Kungfu Necktie, there are intermediate sized venues like Johnny Brenda's or TLA that attract outstanding upcoming talent, there are huge stadiums and amphitheaters to see the washed up Bruce Springsteens you #olds jizz to. Christ, the Springsteen worship may be the worst thing about Philadelphia. We have one of the best public radio stations in the country, WXPN outta UPenn, and every time there's a listener supported countdown, the whole thing is fucking Bruce Springsteen.

I digress.

All the West Philly spots you touted are Penntrified like crazy now, which is certainly partly sad, but it has also added tens of thousands of jobs in retail and tech, both with the Drexel co-ops, urban farms, and new businesses.

What's nice is that I can go south of Pine and west of 45th and north of Fairmount and have a great time nowadays in Philly. I'm not restricted to South St and Rittenhouse. It's a great time to be in Philly. Come on down some time, I bet we could have a great time. Too bad the sports teams all suck.

I was watching TV...it was far more interesting than you.

Without the new restaurant movement (which was not about Le Bec fin), you wouldn't have the eateries of today. Philly has been one of the easiest places in the country to get financing for new places becuase of what was set in motion.

I absolutely agree that Penn has gobbled up too much. When I left that hadn't happened.

As to be the token "white dude" at Dobbs. I was around a lot more black musicians at Sigma Sound than at Dobbs. I keep forgetting you've always been a wannabe, wannabe.

You thought posting a private message about just another night in my that included Prince was an indictment of me rather than a show of jealousy on your part.

Everything you said about music existed in the 70s and early 80s. To blame me for the late 80s/90s is kinds townieish. I wasn't there.

Maybe the reason they use Bruce for the support countdown is that is his listeners are the ones who give to allow the music you like to be played.

The roots got start a loooong time before the 10s.

I still don't get what this is all about. Are you this desperate to create a battle in which you can even reach the sweat dripping of old balls that you think an Old Philly vs. New Philly has anything to do with you?

Why not try to say- I'm cooler than RJ because the internet of my 20s is better than the internet of his 20s. I WIN!! I WIN!!

This makes as much sense as what you are trying to do now.

My god, I actually have to agree that the argument "My Philly is better than your Philly" is a bizarre direction for Townie to take.

I was watching TV...it was far more interesting than you.

Without the new restaurant movement (which was not about Le Bec fin), you wouldn't have the eateries of today. Philly has been one of the easiest places in the country to get financing for new places becuase of what was set in motion.

I absolutely agree that Penn has gobbled up too much. When I left that hadn't happened.

As to be the token "white dude" at Dobbs. I was around a lot more black musicians at Sigma Sound than at Dobbs. I keep forgetting you've always been a wannabe, wannabe.

You thought posting a private message about just another night in my that included Prince was an indictment of me rather than a show of jealousy on your part.

Everything you said about music existed in the 70s and early 80s. To blame me for the late 80s/90s is kinds townieish. I wasn't there.

Maybe the reason they use Bruce for the support countdown is that is his listeners are the ones who give to allow the music you like to be played.

The roots got start a loooong time before the 10s.

I still don't get what this is all about. Are you this desperate to create a battle in which you can even reach the sweat dripping of old balls that you think an Old Philly vs. New Philly has anything to do with you?

Why not try to say- I'm cooler than RJ because the internet of my 20s is better than the internet of his 20s. I WIN!! I WIN!!

This makes as much sense as what you are trying to do now.

HE'S BACK!

My god, I actually have to agree that the argument "My Philly is better than your Philly" is a bizarre direction for Townie to take.

BINGO! IT'S ESPECIALLY BIZARRE IN THAT HE HAS ZERO INPUT INTO ANY OF IT.

Hell, he's probably still pissed that he can't get tickets for most of it.

He's probably jealous that I had one of the two hottest bands in the region. He's also pissed that I could on the day of the show and get prime seats or back stage.

Back