• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

the gGame - my new book

oldmandeac

Reaction score
Help a Deacon out and check out my new book - the gGame which is available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Westbow Press, and divineappointment.com

It humorously incorporates Bible stories and persons into the context of youth league baseball as the protagonist attempts to rediscover his love of the Game of baseball which, because of changes to the game such as free agency, interleague play, and wild card spots, has just become another game.

It is an allegory for my feelings about the Church which has gotten away from the worship of God (see Mark 7:6,7) and seems to focus on form over substance (such that we have 41,000 + recognized denominations based on one book!) and where the progress of the roofing fund is the focal point of Christmas eve service, part three of the five part sermon series doesn't allow for the mention of the term Resurrection on Easter Sunday, and where family activity centers and social programs are the main means of attracting new members. Thus, it has become just church.

The question in the book, is can we rediscover the passion, joy, and pure love we once felt about things that time and man made interventions have diminished? (such that Baseball becomes baseball, Church becomes church, and Wake Forest Basketball becomes the travesty that it is today).

Please feel free to spread the word of this book to other people in your social circles outside of this board. I hope you'll check it out and maybe even enjoy a few chuckles!

Sequel to this book, I'm assuming

Thegame.jpg

Can you write you next one about a college basketball fan base that has been shunned by God and is forced year after year of misery and shame?

wow...tough audience given the tags added for this thread. I have been told it is funny and a good read (for what that is worth)

wow...tough audience given the tags added for this thread. I have been told it is funny and a good read (for what that is worth)

Probably from the people who still think baseball is pretty awesome despite free agency, interleague play, and wild cards.

Back