• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Governor's Ball NYC Music Festival

BillBrasky

#PSF
Reaction score
Anybody been in the past, because the lineup this year looks freaking ridiculous. $220 is a lot of money to shell out for a festival, but pretty much every band I love is gonna be there. Kind of seems worth it.

Plus I gotta place to stay in Manhattan for free, with one of my best friends and all of her hot friends who are going, so I'm not sure how to say no.

kinda tempted... 3 bff's in NYC means i jump at the chance to visit/have my choice of free places to stay. sounds like a pretty awesome reason to go.

Went ahead and got tickets earlier this morning. Being able to space out the payment over four months made it a lot easier of a decision. Being a poor college kid and all.

GB2013_Admat_FullLineup_RGB_FINAL_012213_6101.png

Has anyone heard rumors on who the 3rd headliner will be?

booo i just checked my calendar and it just so happens that my NYC girls are all going to be in Raleigh that weekend for my friend's bridal shower. It'll still be fun, but music festival > bridal shower.

Line-up

Because I'm bored....without factoring in location of stages and all that

FRIDAY
1:30 - 2:15 St. Lucia
2:15 - 3:00 The Knocks
3:00 - 3:45 Dinosaur Jr over Holy Ghost! in a close one
3:45 - 4:45 I'm unfamiliar
4:45 - 5:45 Of Monsters and Men, although Dillon Francis is a good choice if you just want to bass out
5:45 - 6:45 Crystal Castles (Alice Glass rocked out HARD at Sweetlife a couple years ago even though she had a broken foot)
6:45 - 8:00 Young the Giant over Feist, but again that may be modified depending on your tastes
8:00 - 9:30 Eryhak Badu!
9:30 - 11:00 Even though Kings of Leon got me high while I was essentially hotboxed backstage, glitch out with Pretty Lights

SATURDAY
1:30 - 2:15 Griz (starting off with glitching hard)
2:15 - 3:00 Icona Pop! (welcome everybody else to the bandwagon)
3:00 - 3:45 Paper Diamond (going really heavy so far)
3:45 - 4:45 Must be something about this timeslot where I don't really know...
but I'm not too positive about the next two slots either so I'll just skip right over to....
6:45 - 8:00 I'd probably catch both of Cut Copy and Kendrick Lamar, they both interest me but not enough to be wildly held to one or the other
8:00 - 9:30 Thievery Corporation in the upset, they put on some fun shows. Really wild band out of DC, described by some interesting genres
9:30 - 11:00 Guns N' Roses, only because I've done Nas before and it was meh. I wouldn't have high hopes for GNR either.

SUNDAY
3:00 - 3:45 Cold War Kids
3:45 - 4:45 The death timeslot where I know zippo
4:45 - 5:45 Gary Clark, JR
5:45 - 6:45 Yeasayer
6:45 - 8:00 more mellowing out with The Luimineers
8:00 - 9:30 see how the Block Party starts. If they're rocking, stay. If not, check out The XX
9:30 - 11:00 Haven't seen a bad Kanye set yet, but heard horror stories. Avett Brothers aren't a bad back-up if Kanye is in diva mode

Line-up

Because I'm bored....without factoring in location of stages and all that

FRIDAY
1:30 - 2:15 St. Lucia
2:15 - 3:00 The Knocks
3:00 - 3:45 Dinosaur Jr over Holy Ghost! in a close one
3:45 - 4:45 I'm unfamiliar BEST COAST
4:45 - 5:45 Of Monsters and Men, although Dillon Francis is a good choice if you just want to bass out
5:45 - 6:45 Crystal Castles (Alice Glass rocked out HARD at Sweetlife a couple years ago even though she had a broken foot)
6:45 - 8:00 Young the Giant over Feist, but again that may be modified depending on your tastes
8:00 - 9:30 Eryhak Badu!
9:30 - 11:00 Even though Kings of Leon got me high while I was essentially hotboxed backstage, glitch out with Pretty Lights PRETTY LIGHTS WILL BE SLOPPY

SATURDAY
1:30 - 2:15 Griz (starting off with glitching hard)
2:15 - 3:00 Icona Pop! (welcome everybody else to the bandwagon)
3:00 - 3:45 Paper Diamond (going really heavy so far) JAPANDROIDS WITHOUT A DOUBT
3:45 - 4:45 Must be something about this timeslot where I don't really know...
but I'm not too positive about the next two slots either so I'll just skip right over to....DIRTY PROJECTORS OVER FUCKED UP THEN ALT-J OVER DIVINE FITS
6:45 - 8:00 I'd probably catch both of Cut Copy and Kendrick Lamar, they both interest me but not enough to be wildly held to one or the other KL WAS DECENT AT SWEETLIFE AND CUT COPY IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE LIVE SHOWS. NO DOUBTER.
8:00 - 9:30 Thievery Corporation in the upset, they put on some fun shows. Really wild band out of DC, described by some interesting genres SEEING ANIMAL COLLECTIVE AT 9:30 SOON SO I AGREE
9:30 - 11:00 Guns N' Roses, only because I've done Nas before and it was meh. I wouldn't have high hopes for GNR either. AGREE

SUNDAY
HAIM
FREDDIE GIBBS
3:00 - 3:45 Cold War Kids
3:45 - 4:45 TWIN SHADOW OVER DEERHUNTER THOUGH I LIKE BOTH
4:45 - 5:45 Gary Clark, JR JUST SAW HIM SO IM GOING FOALS
5:45 - 6:45 Yeasayer
6:45 - 8:00 more mellowing out with The Luimineers
8:00 - 9:30 see how the Block Party starts. If they're rocking, stay. If not, check out The XX XX FO SHO
9:30 - 11:00 Haven't seen a bad Kanye set yet, but heard horror stories. Avett Brothers aren't a bad back-up if Kanye is in diva mode

My thoughts in bold (only way to do it on my phone).

if you're not seeing japandroids, you're doing it wrong

The weather could not be any worse.

The weather on Friday was nuts. So glad that Kings of Leon was able to reschedule and play Saturday, bc they were amazing.

In total I saw Kings of Leon, the Japandroids, Of Monsters and Men, Cold War Kids, Gary Clark Jr, the Avetts, and experienced the life changing event that is the Lumineers. Not to mention several other acts that were equally as good. It was a great weekend.

Back