• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Graham Norton Show...

Dkin

Reaction score
Does anyone watch this on BBC America? I think it's oustanding...a great example of seeing a talk show through the eyes of another culture. Usually one guest per episode is American. Graham is flamboyant and very, very funny.

The beauty of this show is in how incredibly unrehearsed it appears.

And the set is so campy with it's 70's/80's look and feel.

Anyone?

Best talk show in the world. He gets better guests than most US shows and nothing is out of bounds.

Will Smith loved the red chair.

For those of you who have never seen the show. At the end of it, audience members are asked to sit in a big red chair off stage and tell their best story. If Graham or the guests don't like the story, there is a lever on stage and it turns the chair and the audience member upside down. If the story is great, the person walks away.

Some of the stories are outrageously funny. Some are terrible.

[video]http://www.channels.com/episodes/16332866?page=3[/video]

the last one is the best :)

I have never watched an episode and not burst out laughing as least once.

Agreed. Graham Norton is hilarious and his show maintains a loose vibe that sets up his guests to feel relaxed.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

The equivalent US-based talk shows are incredibly stiff in comparison.

I enjoy the show as well, and agree with the above posts that his show is more casual and spontaneous than American chat shows.

Funny show tonight Bradley Cooper, Heather Graham. Will and Jaden Smith, Michael Douglas and Serena Gomez.

The highlight was when Will and Jaden were doing a rap and brought out DJ Jazzy Jeff and then Alphonso Ribero to dance. The Brits went nuts.

Back