• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Grand Budapest Hotel

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
His masterpiece so far.

Got emotional in last 5 minutes though not sure why.

Just a beautiful film.

You beat me to it by a few minutes. It's out in very limited release.

Another Wes Anderson gem. Quirky, funny, heartwarming, unbelievable locations.

Anderson should be nominated for best director. Ralph Fiennes was great.

Hoping it comes to the Triad soon. If it's better than Moonrise, it must be amazing.

Not sure it's better than Royal Tenenbaums or Rushmore. Probably not as accessible as those two.

Pretty cool framing/storytelling device, and many of the cinematographic trappings of Wes, like the tracking shots and cool typography and some of the same cast of characters (at one point it was almost like showing off). I thought Fiennes gave an incredible performance as did Keitel in a much smaller role.

His darkest film, to be certain, especially after how light-hearted his last two were.

Not sure it's better than Royal Tenenbaums or Rushmore. Probably not as accessible as those two.

Pretty cool framing/storytelling device, and many of the cinematographic trappings of Wes, like the tracking shots and cool typography and some of the same cast of characters (at one point it was almost like showing off). I thought Fiennes gave an incredible performance as did Keitel in a much smaller role.

His darkest film, to be certain, especially after how light-hearted his last two were.

You like those two more than Moonrise?

I liked moonrise, but think tenenbaums was his best.

You like those two more than Moonrise?

Big fanboy here but I'm a little weird with my rankings.

Life Aquatic
Rushmore
Royal Tenenbaums
Moonrise Kingdom
Fantastic Mr Fox
Bottle Rocket
Darjeeling Limited

Not sure yet where this goes. Maybe between RT and MK?

I know we had a thread about Wes Anderson once but I don't remember if it was this board or Scout.

tenenbaums probably my least favorite

can't wait to see this one

Life Aquatic is my #1 as well. Tenembaums is next, with Moonrise very closely behind.

Still haven't seen Darjeeling or Fantastic Mr. Fox.

bottle rocket doesn't hold up that well; otherwise townie's ranking is pretty solid, though I prefer RT to Rushmore

Funny because I love Life Aquatic, but it's one of his worst, based on critics' ratings.

Life Aquatic was the first I saw by him and I loved it, so it's hard to rank it against his other movies because it's what got me into him to begin with. Bottle Rocket was my least favorite, and I liked Rushmore but didn't think it was very accessible at all. Still haven't seen Fantastic Mr. Fox. I'll go with Royal Tenenbaums, Moonrise Kingdom and Darjeeling Limited as his top 3 pending TGBH.

My list goes:

1. Darjeeling Limited
2. Royal Tenenbaums
3. Life Aquatic
4. Fantastic Mr. Fox
5. Rushmore
6. Moonrise Kingdom
7. Bottle Rocket

Does I :heart: Huckabees get a special mention on the list since Anderson is the director and it's in his style?

also, this goes here.

Back