• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Hangover 3

RJ, I have no idea what argument you are even trying to make any more. We get it, you worked in the business. I'm not talking about the business side of things at all. I'm aware what studios try to do to insure that their movie is a hit and what kind of financial risk they are taking. When you say you have a "better idea of how it works than me" what exactly are you talking about? You seem incapable of answering a direct question, and instead just throw in some random personal stories that have absolutely nothing to do with the question.

I was gonna write a whole other paragraph here, but I'm not even sure what the argument is at this point. Sorry for the thread highjack.

Scripts are rewritten even after the film is in the can."reading the script" you see is the one they want you to see, in the light they want you to see it.

As to Hangover 3, it looks awful. H2 was terrrible. This has been one of the quickest descents of a franchise. H1 was really funny.

Maybe Todd Phillips should blame the movie sucking on being afraid of his stalker.

Seen it tonight and it wasn't that bad. I still enjoyed it. The funniest part of the movie happened after the initial credits during the trademark wake up from a blackout scene.

Read where Chow was a surgeon before quitting to become an actor. Funny guy and talented.

Seen it tonight and it wasn't that bad. I still enjoyed it. The funniest part of the movie happened after the initial credits during the trademark wake up from a blackout scene.

Read where Chow was a surgeon before quitting to become an actor. Funny guy and talented.

Agree to disagree there. I can't fucking stand that guy - every time he shows up in a movie, I'm immediately disappointed. Role Models is the perfect example.

Agree to disagree there. I can't fucking stand that guy - every time he shows up in a movie, I'm immediately disappointed. Role Models is the perfect example.

He has become the equivalent of the one funny line that the unfunny guy in your group uttered once, 5 years ago, and he just keeps saying it over and over.

When Ken Jeong leaped out of the trunk in the first Hangover film it was hilarious. His over the top, effeminate, egotistical Chow was sparsely used to great effect in the Hangover. Then as you saw more and more of that dude in Hangover 2, Community and all the other movies you hadn't really noticed him in before, you realize that "Chow" is his one joke, and it got old really fast, but they keep throwing it at us.

Local guy, Page High School, Greensboro Class of 1986. Was the class dork. I always liked Ken, but can't hide the fact that he was a nerd.

He has become the equivalent of the one funny line that the unfunny guy in your group uttered once, 5 years ago, and he just keeps saying it over and over.

When Ken Jeong leaped out of the trunk in the first Hangover film it was hilarious. His over the top, effeminate, egotistical Chow was sparsely used to great effect in the Hangover. Then as you saw more and more of that dude in Hangover 2, Community and all the other movies you hadn't really noticed him in before, you realize that "Chow" is his one joke, and it got old really fast, but they keep throwing it at us.

This is precisely my view of Ken Jeong. Funny in the first Hangover, but yeah, a one trick pony that brings down every scene he appears in now.

The guy was a surgeon and now makes bank acting. While he may not be the best actor he obviously has talent in many different areas.

Local guy, Page High School, Greensboro Class of 1986. Was the class dork. I always liked Ken, but can't hide the fact that he was a nerd.

Thanks didn't know any of this. Decided to check out his wiki after reading this and he has quite a few accomplishments.

Last edited:
Ken's best scene ever BY FAR is the uncut version of him as the OBGYN in "KNOCKED UP".

Ken Jeong has been in like 10 movies and his second best role is "guy in the Miller Lite commercial" where he pops out of the fridge.

Ugh, I just saw his salary for Hangover 3. $5,000,000. Guess he's not going to be complaining much about Asian stereotypes...

Back