• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Ken Burns/Lynn Novick Vietnam Documentary

Have only been able to watch in bits and pieces so far but I have seen very little about McNamara. Doesn't seem possible that he would not figure prominently so maybe I'm just not watching the right sections. Have always been fascinated by that guy and his role in the war.

Have only been able to watch in bits and pieces so far but I have seen very little about McNamara. Doesn't seem possible that he would not figure prominently so maybe I'm just not watching the right sections. Have always been fascinated by that guy and his role in the war.

Having watched 6 episodes I feel like they talked more about McNamara than LBJ or maybe around same amount. Went into all his analytics, personal letters on the war, etc.

Both JFK and LBJ stated that they wouldn't be reelected if they withdrew from Vietnam. Nixon probably did as well. So sad.

Apparently Nixon sabotaged a shot at peace before the election in ‘68; it was borderline treason. (Not sure if the doc has covered this - we’re in the middle of episode 4.)

Back