• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Last Fun Season of College Football

booradley

Reaction score
Yeah, c'mon - it's over. Unmitigated greed has torn off her mask and now CFB will become an "NFL" of a few select schools. 5 years, absolute tops. So, let's enjoy the sunset of our involvement in the ACC, and perhaps wave bye-bye to Florida St and Miami as ACC foes. Our grandchildren will never know the fun we had! :)

So, is this the last fun season or do we have five more fun seasons?

Also, the earliest FSU (or Miami or anyone else) can leave the ACC would be in 2025.

Somewhere there is a Don McClean song just waiting to happen on this thread.

You know we have a game at Ole Miss next year right? How is that not going to be fun.

Question about ND. How good is the coach of the IRISH?

Yeah, c'mon - it's over. Unmitigated greed has torn off her mask and now CFB will become an "NFL" of a few select schools. 5 years, absolute tops. So, let's enjoy the sunset of our involvement in the ACC, and perhaps wave bye-bye to Florida St and Miami as ACC foes. Our grandchildren will never know the fun we had! :)

I think we can look forward to at least another decade of FSU whining and moaning about how "being in the ACC isn't fair..." However, I don't think their legal staff of tier 27 attorneys will Crack the GoR. And if their issue is money, they won't be able to afford to leave without their media rights.

Want to leave the ACC? Pay the exit fee. Currently around $130 million. Want to have your home games on TV? Have to get permission from the ACC. And any payments for media presentation of said home games go to the ACC. However, distributions only go to ACC MEMBERS. A departed FSU isn't one.

I think we can look forward to at least another decade of FSU whining and moaning about how "being in the ACC isn't fair..." However, I don't think their legal staff of tier 27 attorneys will Crack the GoR. And if their issue is money, they won't be able to afford to leave without their media rights.

Want to leave the ACC? Pay the exit fee. Currently around $130 million. Want to have your home games on TV? Have to get permission from the ACC. And any payments for media presentation of said home games go to the ACC. However, distributions only go to ACC MEMBERS. A departed FSU isn't one.
The current exit fee is closer to a billion.

Back