• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The last shred of hope for the season

dstanleywfu

Reaction score
The last shred of hope that wake forest has for this season is to play tomorrows game, (on espn2) as a statement game for the program, this seasons post seasons hopes were lost 3 years ago when we lost to stetson in buzz's first game, but thats a different story. If wake comes out and play like i know they are capable of play, doesn't mean they will, but if they do they will give FSU a run for their money and show that our sinking ship of a program at least has the building blocks to help this once power program grow back into its rightful place at the top of the conference. Not saying itll be quick and easy, especially with the same coach we have, but as a loyal deac fan i believe it can happen.

As stated elsewhere Bz needs to win 5 of the next 8, no moral victories, for even a semblance of progress.

Yeah. It's just a home game against a weak opponent after road games and a home game against a strong opponent. I think we'll win. Doesn't mean much though. Beating BC on the road and holding serve in the next 2 home games doesn't either. Just the difference between extremely bad and monumentally bad.

I think that if we lose the FSU game by 20 or more points that Bzzz might be on the way out. But if Buzzz leaves I wonder if some of our players might leave as well. If more players leave this might put us last in the ACC for years to come.

A statement game? I think our school, our program and our athletic director has made a statement, which is that we suck and we don't care.

If beating a 13-9 team at home is what we're supposed to latch onto for any semblance of hope or optimism, then this program is in even worse shape than I thought.

Pretty much agree with Ph. Yes, we'll probably win tomorrow, and no, it really won't mean anything at all. At this point it's just a matter of jockeying for position as to whether we finish 6-12 vs. 5-13 or whatever. Who the eff cares.

I think that if we lose the FSU game by 20 or more points that Bzzz might be on the way out. But if Buzzz leaves I wonder if some of our players might leave as well. If more players leave this might put us last in the ACC for years to come.

And if Buzz stays we'll be last in the ACC for years to come. One of these outcomes more likely than the other if Buzz stays.

Players can be recruited to turn around a program quickly. Look at State and Miami. But you can't overcome a crappy coach who can't coach or recruit elite talent. If Bz stays, we are awful long term.

I'll be cheering for us to lose in grand fashion. Sorry, but gotta look at the big picture. If people are looking at beating FSU at home as an "opportunity" rather than something that should happen without much discussion, then you know we're nose deep in shit. You know Wellman is looking for any reason to keep his buddy employed, and unfortunately he is probably surrounded by too many people who view this as an "opportunity" to do just that. Beating a mediocre team in a mediocre league now constitutes "hope" or "the right path." Fuck that shit. I hope we lose by 50.

Wake will either win by double digits or get "Snaered" at ends. Noles don't blow out teams.

It may come down to players leaving to force Wellman's hand. I like our guys, but that would be worth it.

I've posted it before and I'll post it again now (and in the future, I'm sure.) But I'd love it if something similar like this happened in Wellman's office.

I have a feeling we will win tomorrow. It won't be an upset, as we have around a 50% chance to win. Not much to latch on to.

I am unhappy with our coaching situation; but I really like our players (well almost all of them). I would be a happy for a coaching change; yet I would also like to hold onto our players. Hope that's not too much to ask.

I have to believe that a respectful yet large and visible protest by the fans would "force" a change. A change made not necessarily out of consideration for the fans but out of concerns about public embarrassment. Obviously losing is not counted as embarrassing enough. Public upheaval, unrelenting visible protests might be counted too high a price to pay. Still who knows?

images

The problem is that if we beat FSU tomorrow, we have a decent shot at going 8-10 in the conference. No way Bzz is fired for 8-10 in the conference.

Blow out wins against the people we are supposed to beat might mean something. However, I think the spirit has been knocked out of the players...both young and old. I would not be surprised if we lose our remaining games.

Blow out wins against the people we are supposed to beat might mean something. However, I think the spirit has been knocked out of the players...both young and old. I would not be surprised if we lose our remaining games.

If we lose out I will pay you $100.

Back