• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

the masiello dream is a FREIGHT TRAIN FROM HELL, BABY

Troll_Face.png

Last edited:
I really hope Wellman didn't fuck us with Masiello.

"I don't know who (the selection committee is) having fun with, but it's not fun for me," Masiello said.

"It's an honor any time I can be on the opposing bench opposite someone like Rick Pitino," he said. "I look up to him so much. He means so much to me, but besides that, there's really not much story line in it. I've already been down this road and lost by (28 in Louisville last season.) I didn't want to do it again, so it's a very tough matchup."

Louisville is the "strongest No. 4 seed I bet in the last 15 years," Masiello said. He called Louisville a "bigger, better version of us," and said he'd likely know what was coming on Thursday, but it didn't mean he could stop it, calling the Cardinals a national title contender.

"I'm gonna call (Pitino) right now and see if we can get this game postponed a couple weeks," Masiello joked.

http://www.nydailynews.com/1.1723684

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just saw an interview with Maisello on NY TV. This guy is a winner; young, smart, well spoken and a great motivator of men. And a wonderful recruiter as well. This guy would be a home run. We need to bring him to Wake.

Alright, friends.

Today is the day.

[Redacted] is gone, and barring a shock tonight, Steve Masiello's offseason will begin.

This is our time. LET'S. GO.

Posted this in the recruiting thread but wanted all to see. I like the way BC's AD Brad Bates is going about BC's search, being PUBLIC with non-confidential general info. I realize Wellman is WAY behind the times but I'm posting some of Brad's tweets. Hear they're making a run at Amaker. The Wake job is way better than the BC job but for Amaker BC has the added advantage of not requiring a move for him and his family.

Brad Bates ‏@BCBradBates 7h
First step in a coaching search: Research/due diligence. Must make sure coach is the right fit for BC. #BCCoach

Brad Bates ‏@BCBradBates 3h
Communicating with our team to ensure our student-athletes have a voice in the selection process. #BCCoach

Here we go.

Masiello is still apparently pissed at the NCAA. The sideline reporter said in the pregame that "this is supposed to be one of the happiest times in [Masiello's] life, and the NCAA took that away from [him]."

Here we go.

Masiello is still apparently pissed at the NCAA. The sideline reporter said in the pregame that "this is supposed to be one of the happiest times in [Masiello's] life, and the NCAA took that away from [him]."

I would be happier if the guy would stop whining about it.

I would be happier if the guy would stop whining about it.

Both he and Pitino have been talking about it. I mean, he's known Pitino since he was 12, and the guy was a father figure to him (he mentioned on a radio show last week that he spent summers at one of Pitino's relative's houses). I don't blame him in the least for being pissed off at this matchup.

Pitino gushed over Masiello in that interview. Of all his disciples, Pitino said Masiello was the most similar to himself.

whoooole lotta swag tonight. Dude is a future prime time coach for sure. Whenever you can get guys to play that aggressively and consistently for 40 minutes and carry your vision out on the court it is a testament to a coach's x's o's acumen and more importantly, his ability to communicate and lead. It's what I think of every time I watch VCU: nobody is out there just doing there own thing and everybody is together. The only negative, his youth showed in the last 1 minutes. He had 2 timeouts remaining and he desperately needed to regroup his lost team at that point. That was a bad ass showing though. It was like watching Louisville play …well…Louisville.

Back