• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters

But, but, but it's the Masters and tradition and all, and you can't have all day coverage, it's not traditional.
Forgive my ignorance, but is this really the reason for limited coverage? Seems like a no-brainer to have beginning-to-end round coverage of the biggest golf tournament of the year.

There have been a lot of big numbers at 15 over the years. I remember Vijay carding a 9, and when Cabrera was in contention before he won there, he had an 8 or 9. And Tiger probably wins the Masters a few years ago if he didn't hit the flagstick and draw that 4 stroke penalty. 15 has the false and shaved front, and if you go over the green, it's straight downhill toward the 16 pond. I bet it's the hole on tour that gets the most combined eagles and doubles or others.

I would bet you're right. It's what makes it such a great hole. I used to think the shaved false front was too severe. But it would take away a lot of the defense from what would otherwise be an easy hole if they changed that.

Forgive my ignorance, but is this really the reason for limited coverage? Seems like a no-brainer to have beginning-to-end round coverage of the biggest golf tournament of the year.

Like everything else about The Masters, it's that way because that's the way Augusta National wants it.

Last edited:
Now you're just trolling. Probably were from your first statement about Spieth. Either that or you're an idiot. In either case, I'm done.

Bogey on 17 when you're tied for the lead = choke. But you do you.

Tiger looking like he forgot to bring the magic this week. Still a shot though.

It really is, but it's much better than it used to be. When I first remember watching the Masters as a kid the Thursday/ Friday coverage didn't start until 4pm and the Saturday/Sunday coverage was mainly just the back nine. It was a big deal when they started showing much of the front 9 and especially when they started full 18 holes coverage on Sunday. If you didn't know this, the Masters doesn't like change too much

Last edited:

I've always been a fan of the hardest working man in golf. Haven't seen him in a while. Is he still chipping cross-handed? I think he was doing that for a while because of chip yips. He's always been a consistent ball striker, and in his prime, he was at best average on and around the greens. But as he aged, his chipping was what really went bad.

To have so much talent, Adam Scott really disappoints. I mean I know he's got a jacket, but it seems like he's still underachieved and goes long stretches without being a factor in a major.

To have so much talent, Adam Scott really disappoints. I mean I know he's got a jacket, but it seems like he's still underachieved and goes long stretches without being a factor in a major.

Well that's what happens when you can't putt.

The shot Bubba just hit on 11 was straight up insane.

If you're not going to have Tiger, rooting for Spieth and Rory to catch up to a choking Patrick Reed should be pretty high up on the enjoyable meter.

Back