• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The millennials are fucked

I worry a lot about the world my kids are growing up in, environmentally and politically. They are 12 and 8. The American Century is over, and a lot of blood will be shed to determine the eventual new world order. Throw climate change into the mix and the lack of a functional federal government in this country...it's scary and sad.

Not only did the majority of millennials graduate from high school or college when the financial crisis was at its worst,
What? Are they looking at a several year span for "when the financial crisis was at its worst?"

My point is more that it's silly to think that someone born around the time you and I were has had the same experience as someone born in the mid-90s. Too many variables at play. The idea that a generation can span 16 years is just dumb.

ok i guess I agree but if you graduated HS and tried to get a job and graduated from college and tried to get a job 2008-2010(12) you were probably running into the same buzzsaw

He's not incorrect. Being born in 1983 or 1990 or 1997 is very, very different from a technology standpoint and how we view the world.

Back