• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The neighborhood bar

RJ has received more BJ's from whores at Sloan's than you have your entire life, young man. He didn't think to mention it because it was so passe.

I was on a first name basis with the bartenders at Opera House, Burke St Pub, and Foothills when I was in Winston.

In DC I would say the Queen Vic and the Pug are my two bars. Since I moved from NE to NW I haven't really found a local bar I visit more often than others (maybe Blaguards because it is 100 feet from my apartment).

I've still never been there. We go to Black Squirrel, Mellow Mushroom, Jack Rose, and Bar Charley in the 'hood

One of the things that we really want when we find a house is that there is a neighborhood bar.

The Original Banditos was awesome.
Banditos is only good for the memories now. Pretty meh crowd nowadays.

Tiki Bob's downtown had been great to us the last few summers. It's owned by a guy in our kickball league so he'd open the bar and about 100+ of us from the league would just go there after the games. Free taco bar every week that was his way of getting around the VA law that so much of your sales have to be food related. Pitchers were all $5 and mixed drinks for a dollar. No way did he make money on that place but he didn't care.

Think it's seen its last summer though as he's probably selling it for stadium real estate.

Back