• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OA *Spoilers Allowed*

Demonwolverine

Reaction score
I didn't want to take over the Netflix Streaming thread, and figure this might be a very polarizing show.

I say we hold off on spoilers until the people that actually have things to do on the weekends have a chance to finish watching.

In general, I thought it was good although a little disjointed. There are still some things that don't really seem to line up. So once spoilers are allowed, I'd like to discuss whether some aspects really didn't get explained, or if I just missed them.

Keep in mind as you plan your watching that the final 4 episodes or so are significantly shorter (30 - 45 mins) than the first 4 or so (60 mins or more), and there are only 8 in total. I couldn't tell if this was a direct response to peoples' complaints of Daredevil and Luke Cage having too many "filler" episodes, or if the creators (one of whom is the main character) simply ran out of material. I've read some reviews that say it was a little slow, but I never got that impression and enjoyed the show throughout.

Last edited:
Best scene from the pilot:

giphy.gif

I just started this today. So far it is good enough. 45 minutes into episode one.

I have heard that this show has a laughably terrible ending, so that should be fun for you guys.

I just started this today. So far it is good enough. 45 minutes into episode one.

I think the first episode sets the tone for intrigue, in that if you are intrigued by the first episode you will likely be intrigued by the rest of the show. If you're not, then you probably will not.

Last edited:
I have heard that this show has a laughably terrible ending, so that should be fun for you guys.

Definitely polarizing, but not necessarily terrible. It's one of the things I look forward to discussing in this thread once spoilers are allowed. It would seem from a casual glance around the internet that more people disliked the ending than liked it though. I will also say that the ending only slightly altered my opinion of the show.

Last edited:
So it's NOT a Green Lantern spin-off series? Much disappoint.

[ph] Spoilers should be fair game 2 hours after it's online. No true fan would take longer than that to watch it [/ph]

Wimachtendienk, Wingolauchsik, Witahemui

so yeah the last episode was awful. it actually upset me that i watched the season.

just finished and the wife and I both really liked

I say we give it until Wednesday until we start discussing spoilers. Lots of binge potential over the holiday weekend.

So now that you've have had a chance to binge the show, what are peoples' thoughts on the ending? Personally, I didn't mind the content of it, but wish they had hashed it out a little more. It reminded me a lot of "Life of Pi" where the ending was left up to interpretation. Among all the skepticism, I still believe she was telling the truth, if for no other reason than she got her sight back.

So now that you've have had a chance to binge the show, what are peoples' thoughts on the ending? Personally, I didn't mind the content of it, but wish they had hashed it out a little more. It reminded me a lot of "Life of Pi" where the ending was left up to interpretation. Among all the skepticism, I still believe she was telling the truth, if for no other reason than she got her sight back.

I agree that the last episode just felt rushed. You can easily see the intentions of the writers to create conversation. However, the way in which they did it leaves room for critics like the one linked above to gloss over the point and mock the show for it's delivery.

I just finished it. I enjoyed it on the whole. I've always been one for a cooky plot and kinda out there concept. Hints of Inception in the final episode.

I enjoyed it. The end wasn't great, but Batmanglij/Marling movies are typically open ended like that. For anyone that liked the show, go watch "The Sound of My Voice", "Another Earth", and "I Origins". I think they are all great.

Back