• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official 2015 MLB Season Thread - Congrats, Royals

Not enough Miguel Sano love in this thread. Animal.

Drama in Queens?

How much will Matt Harvey pitch? Innings limit debate coming to a head

Alderson again suggested the Mets will skip another one of Harvey's starts, which should still leave him with at least three more regular-season starts, then allow him to pitch some more in the playoffs (but with an eye on what's reasonable and prudent). That's according to Alderson, anyway. Boras, meanwhile, says the doctors -- including Harvey's surgeon James Andrews -- are putting a 180-inning limit on Harvey, who has 166 1/3 innings already (and a 12-7 record and 2.60 ERA). That would basically mean he only has two more starts to go, playoffs included, in his first year back from Tommy John elbow surgery.

Meantime, Alderson, who sounded exasperated by the whole debate, suggested he was floored when he received an email from Boras late last month setting what he saw as a new limit when he said the team has proceeded cautiously in terms of pitch limits (he's had no games over 115 pitches and only went over 110 pitches once) and everything has been going so smoothly. "For a guy to say to us on the 29th of August '180 innings and then you're going to shut him down ...' don't call me seven months later and tell me you're pulling the rug out from under me, not after all we've done to protect the player."

this mets-nats series is just terrible. which team is gonna suck it up more.

But really, what the heck has gotten into Jackie Bradley Jr?

This team is finally fun. Sucks to fire a guy with cancer but I'd greatly prefer to go into next season with Lovullo at the helm over Farrell.

Good article on Hak-Ju Lee on the DraysBays site - had such a promising career, but this knee injury did him in. Crazy.

8667638642_16f6b48be7_o.0.gif

I just saw this stat, and it is awesome - since Randall Simon decided to attack one of the racing sausages on July 9, 2003, the Pirates are 29-78 at Miller Park

Randall_Simon-sausage-attack-2003-dan-friedman.jpg

They’re the Worst: The NL East and the Race to the Bottom for 2016’s Top Pick

In a recent edition of his newsletter, Joe Sheehan surveyed this season’s head-to-head records and concluded that “The NL East is awful.” That one-sentence observation sums up the state of the worst-record race, whose lucky winner will probably be one of the East’s three way-out-of-contention teams.

No NL East team, not even the 76–61 Mets, has a winning record against teams outside its division.

nl-east.png

The Nats and the Mets get to play these crummy teams 54 times, pretty amazing that neither would be likely to get the wild card if they didn't win their division.

James McCann just got drilled in the head with a fastball. Got up and stayed in the game. Scary.

Back