• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official 2015 MLB Season Thread - Congrats, Royals

Throwing at batters is so goddamn lame. Bryce Harper was correct about that. Bautista's bat flip was awesome. If the Rangers had a problem with it, maybe they should not have played defense that inning like a bunch of dickheads and then served the dude a fat pitch to crush.

Agree

BDD_MR_game2hr_1-.5.07_gett.jpg

Throwing at batters is so goddamn lame. Bryce Harper was correct about that. Bautista's bat flip was awesome. If the Rangers had a problem with it, maybe they should not have played defense that inning like a bunch of dickheads and then served the dude a fat pitch to crush.

Meh. Benches have cleared for batters showing up a pitcher more subtly than this. There's no rule broken on flipping the bat until it starts to make a travesty of the game. I heard some talking head today saying there needs to be more flipped bats so baseball will be as popular as the NFL. I very much disagree with that. No need for that shit. I said earlier in that situation I didn't have a problem with it but I hope MLB doesn't try to get all WWE for ratings purposes. Also, if the Rangers throw at him next spring, I'm fine with that too.

Meh. Benches have cleared for batters showing up a pitcher more subtly than this. There's no rule broken on flipping the bat until it starts to make a travesty of the game. I heard some talking head today saying there needs to be more flipped bats so baseball will be as popular as the NFL. I very much disagree with that. No need for that shit. I said earlier in that situation I didn't have a problem with it but I hope MLB doesn't try to get all WWE for ratings purposes. Also, if the Rangers throw at him next spring, I'm fine with that too.

yAORdQb.gif

I think ultimately as a fan I thought the flip was amazing. The dude just launched a shot to win a series. At the same time I can see how players took exception. And I would have gotten it if they had thrown at him if he batted again that game or if the series was longer

I think it's a little over the top to throw at him next year

The game, and more specifically that inning, was filled with some intense moments and lots of emotion. I get why Bautista threw his bat and why Dyson was pissed.

Also I think two of the greatest plays in that game are plays that probably will never be remembered because of that inning. But Pillar made a ridiculous catch and Donaldson and Goins both made spectacular plays in infield to stop scoring chances

I think ultimately as a fan I thought the flip was amazing. The dude just launched a shot to win a series. At the same time I can see how players took exception. And I would have gotten it if they had thrown at him if he batted again that game or if the series was longer

I think it's a little over the top to throw at him next year

The game, and more specifically that inning, was filled with some intense moments and lots of emotion. I get why Bautista threw his bat and why Dyson was pissed.

dyson should be pissed for blowing the season for his team. getting mad at bautista would be lame

i'm glad we've scared up all the doofuses who want to hit batters for a bat flip. i'm sure they advocate cheap shots on dudes that celebrate after a nice score in football, hockey, and basketball too.

Also I think two of the greatest plays in that game are plays that probably will never be remembered because of that inning. But Pillar made a ridiculous catch and Donaldson and Goins both made spectacular plays in infield to stop scoring chances

The Donaldson play - I assume you're talking about his reach-back barehand - was unreal. Immediate "whhhhaaaaaaat" reaction.

i'm glad we've scared up all the doofuses who want to hit batters for a bat flip. i'm sure they advocate cheap shots on dudes that celebrate after a nice score in football, hockey, and basketball too.

Has anyone asked Brian McCann what he thinks?

Seriously. flipping a bat after hitting a homerun in just about the biggest situation imaginable is unsportsmanlike and must be decried, yet intentionally throwing a 95 mph fastball at a person is acceptable and commendable. Seems like a fucked up perspective

just trying to add a little colour to the game. #amiright

Mutts fans have to have the biggest crush on Daniel Murphy right about now

Fuck the Dodgers. Fuck their shitty, violent fans. Fuck the city of LA. Let's fucking go!

Teams need to stop celebrating like they won the World Series after winning the Divisional Series.

#hottake

Back