• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official 2015 MLB Season Thread - Congrats, Royals

If I'm a mets fan I'm worried. series seems eerily familiar to me. #whynotcubs

For all the promise that the postseason started with, Mets-Royals is kind of a disappointing series for me, although that kind of thing is all about personal preference.

Both LCS have been disappointing after a great first round. We could be looking at several days without baseball after today.

Did anyone else think it was bush league for blue jays to walk off the field before review was complete on Rios' slide?

Mets fans look like such scumbags compared to the well-heeled Cubs fans

3494f128b738b869df4527ab1c1b586a.jpg

The worst thing in the world for an uninvested fan is when a team is up 2-1 in a series and wins to make it 3-1.

Schwarber is a complete disaster out there in left.

Bartolo Colon had a complete game W against the yanks in the '98 ALCS. Lofton leadoff, ManRam cleanup and Thome 6th

Mattingly out. Dodgers might get good now.

This is a first step that needed to happen for them. Mattingly isn't Matt Williams-level bad, but I think he lost the organization's support a while ago. The Dodgers really need to flesh out the rest of their rotation and their bullpen if they want to contend in the future, especially if they lose Greinke this offseason. They're built to have respectable regular seasons, but this team is, in no way, built to win a long series in the postseason. They're good enough to get to playoffs for the next few years with what they have, but once they get there good pitching>good hitting and they can't win a championship by throwing Kershaw and Greinke on continual short rest for three series in a row.

Daniel Murphy setting the record for consecutive games with a home run in the postseason and his otherwise otherworldly play has been absolutely phenomenal. He's having one of the best postseasons that I can ever remember. However, Murphy blacking out and hitting dongers left and right has sort of overshadowed how dominate the Mets' pitching has been so far. In the NLCS, the Mets held the Cubs to a .164 BA, which is the lowest ever in an NLCS.

Whoever they end up facing in the World Series is going to test their rotation and push it harder than it has been so far. I saw some stats yesterday before the Royals-Jays game that showed the Royals with a .500 BABIP and 1.4 OPS as a team in the ALCS. It doesn't matter who you have going in your rotation; those are scary numbers.

Back