• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official LOL Harry Giles thread

Harry is the type that of player that if a late lotto team takes a chance on him it'll be "that's why bad teams stay bad" but if a good team takes him like 10 picks later it's seen as a genius move.

And there are scenarios when both can be true.

Clearly but draft analysis is hilarious in the way that it's colored by the decision maker when that should have no impact on any previous thoughts on the player.

He's got a lot of red flags so bad team is dumb, red flags make him drop so good team gets a value. Well should he have dropped or not?

Yeah no question. Not to mention drafting is an utter crapshoot in many ways, so over-the-top criticism and praise are both often unwarranted.

Jesus Christ. After passing on Chris Paul - if my Hawks take Harry Giles I'll disown them forever.

NESN mock draft as of today:

#10 John Collins to the Dallas Mavericks
# 19 Harry Giles III to the Atlanta Hawks

I am not sure I see Dallas. They just picked up Noel, not sure about Dirk next year. I don't see JC at the 5, as Noel. They need a center, among other things, but not PF.

The only available PG will likely be Ntilinka. That's a big risk.

Giles the NCAA Tournament legend:

Combined 2 games: 15 mins, 0 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block, 2 turnovers, 4 fouls.

What a terrible decision he made....

Committed to Duke over Wake as the projected overall #1 NBA Draft prospect for 2017
https://www.si.com/nba/2016/06/29/nba-draft-2017-prospects-harry-giles-josh-jackson-jayson-tatum

Gets garbage time at Duke, doesn't improve his game, and falls to projected #20 in the NBA draft.
http://www.nbadraft.net/2017mock_draft

Ouch. Lucky for him Duke couldn't take his wingspan... but come on Harry, admit it, your game would have improved under Danny Manning, you would have likely made it just as far in the tourney, the girls would have been better looking, you'd have been a hometown hero, and your draft stock wouldn't have fallen as much if you'd come to Wake Forest.

Looks like another #ASSet for Philly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly.

Philly has learned that Dario Saric and Richaun Holmes are 2 of their best options, by far.

Phoenix is doing some similar work down low with Alan Williams and Marquese Chriss.

Underrated guys...actually best guys.

Back